Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menstrauation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menstrauation

Hello my wife just started to M this month. She has been having a heavy M. So I was wondering what is that blob of blood that it comes out of her vagina. It was pretty big and nasty. I wanted to throw up. Do you know what that is?

• It is her shed uterine lining.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• but she says it happens every time. What are the effects?

Comment

• Menstruation is the shedding of the uterine lining, that is what is supposed to happen. In extremely simply terms, every month a woman's body will prepare for a possible pregnancy by making the uterine lining a bit thicker incase fertilization occurs, if an egg is not fertilized then that thickened lining will shed because it is not needed. That shedding is menstruation, the blobs are the lining, and the blood comes from the shedding of the lining.
        There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• lol you're funny ItsASecret. You used my word blob.

She also wants to know "How can she not have that blob of blood coming every month?" As the old Chinese people says when women has these things they're not suppose to eat anything cold or sour. Not even ice cream. If she does eat it people say something else happens too? Do you know what that is? Does this effect the American way too? She knows so little about M. So I have to find and translate everything for her. poor me.

Comment

• No "blob"? Only if she chooses not to menstruate. That can be done with birth control pills, which can stop a woman from having a period altogether for many months, the other possibility to stop menstruation is menopause but that does not happen until a woman is older. Third option is complete hysterectomy but that is a huge drastic unreasonable step to simply stop menstruation.

A woman's period is different every single month. Sometimes it is not as noticeable in difference but no two periods are going to be exactly the same. Some will be heavy some will be light, some with lots of "blobs" as she calls it, and some can have very little "blobs". There is no way to predict how a period will occur. The eating of different foods like nothing cold or sour is called a superstition, or simply a cultural thing that is followed. It does not actually make a period go a certain way or make it worse or change the pattern or anything. Everything with a period is determine by flat out biology.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsASecret View Post
              No "blob"? Only if she chooses not to menstruate. That can be done with birth control pills, which can stop a woman from having a period altogether for many months, the other possibility to stop menstruation is menopause but that does not happen until a woman is older. Third option is complete hysterectomy but that is a huge drastic unreasonable step to simply stop menstruation.
              One more, get pregnant again.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• One more, get pregnant again.
                lol definitely

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X