Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one

Unlike many women, who have a flat pelvic area (at least by what is seen on TV), mine happens to be kind of bulgy; it kind of protrudes out and it makes me feel very self-conscious to the point where I can't wear clothing that fits me tight in that area and I've had to wear very loose jeans for the past 8 years (I'm 22 now) . My reasoning for this was that I MUST have some vaginal infection that was causing this, but apparently I have none. My pap smears are normal, I have no yeast infection and no clue cells are visible. My only alternative theory is that my pelvic region looks inflamed due to the fact that I'm overweight. I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall and about 200 lbs. Could this be the reason? Will loosing weight, in your opinion, resolve this problem? The thing is that most girls that are around my height and build don't seem to have this problem, they can dress with tight skirts or pants made out of thin fabric, and they look fine. I, on the other hand have to always wear jeans, and sometime they don't even help disguise my very big pelvic region. Can anyone, in even the slightest way, identify with any of this? Anybody? Thanks for you feedback...if I get any

• I am about your height and size and mine does alittle too.I just fighured it was because I was overweight.I never noticed it until I gained all my weight.Mine isn't like BAD but it does stick out alittle.I never let it bother me and it doesn't embarrass me or anything....anyhow hope that helped alittle knowing your not completely alone!

Comment

• I have the same thing. i have always been embarrassed about it, but i don't think it has to do with weight. i have always been very thin, and i still have the problem. i have researched it, and cannot find anything.. any ideas of whats wrong?

Comment

• Bloating is often the cause for this puffiness around the lowest part of the abdomen. I've recently developed it and I'm sure it's because I've been on my period and dehydrated.
        SO, make sure you're getting at least 64 oz of water per day (2 litres or 8 8-oz glasses) and cut out the extra salt from your diet!
        If doing both of those doesn't flatten out your lowest part of your tummy and it's not a hormonal reason, then you should probably try to lose weight.
        If you're already within healthy weight limits, I've heard that kegel exercises can really help out with toning ALL the muscles in that area ... try crunches/situps, too. Make sure you extend ALL THE WAY THROUGH the movement ...
        Keep your legs at 90 degrees and have your feet weighed down. With hands across your shoulders or behind your neck (don't pull on your neck muscles!!) lift FROM THE STOMACH so that your entire upper body is off the floor and your chest touches your knees. This FULL movement, [not your average crunch!] will ensure that you're building long, neat, tight muscles instead of bulky ones that might overemphasize or make worse the bulge.
        Do these in sets, at least 5 sets at a time! Increase, then decrease, for example ...
        Do a set of five, then of ten, then of fifteen, back down to ten, lastly five. Take a 30-second break in between each.
        I need to get back to my high school level of fitness ... oh, it was not that long ago ;.;
        Good luck!
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• I am new on here and one of the reasons I have signed up to this site is because I have the same problem and was looking to find some answers. I find it embarrassing to go swimming, I feel self conscious. my hubby says I look fine but that is easy for him to say. I have found a video on Youtube that show a man showing exercises for Lower Abs and fat loss. I am going to give them a good try and see if they help. Go on to You Tube and type in the search bar for videos - Lower Abs and Fat Loss.

Comment

• I have the same thing, but I don't think it is something you can do anything bout. I heard that they come in all sizes. There isn't really any set flatness to the "lips" I'm afraid at lleast that is what I heard...

Comment

• It really doesn't have to do with weight or not working out. I have always been VERY thin and in good shape. Yet, I still had the problem, its just about how your fat distributes. After seeing a Dr. 90210 on pubic liposuction, I went to the plastic surgeon and had it done. After much research, it was honestly the only way to permanently fix the problem. I honestly feel like a normal woman now.
              I know it sounds petty, but my doctor said he has done it countless times, so obviously it is a common procedure. If you don't have the problem, you cannot fathom how embarrassing it is and how much it effects your self esteem and life. I personally was mortified by it, especially in a bikini. I hope this post will help some people, I turned to this website 2 years ago before I had it done, and couldn't really find any guidance. Good luck!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Body hair removal

I bought this https://amzn.to/3ksMqDc
                to see if I could do my eyebrows at home and this seemed like an easy option without having to buy other products....

Today, 08:41 AM By kalya25
              • Reply to How to ask for what I need?

do not even ask him about nothing and do not give him too much cuz believe me one day he will leave you this is the truth just give him everything he...

Today, 08:35 AM By kalya25
              • Reply to Have You Ever Heard Of (Or Tried) Nipple Banding?

I enjoyed your article!
                Is it generally more enjoyable for men or women? Or is it completely dependent on the person and their general level of...

Today, 05:20 AM By atskitty2

Waxing is the way to go if you want a fur-free effect that lasts for three to six weeks. Waxing may sound complicated or messy, especially for thicker...

10-22-2020, 09:48 AM By kalya25

I also want to know....

10-21-2020, 08:00 AM By alicemia

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X