Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! Yeast infection? Ph imbalance?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Yeast infection? Ph imbalance?

Okay, so for a while now, I've been battling what I thought was a yeast infection. I've had the pills and creams numerous times but there's been no change, except for somewhat recently. My vagina no longer itches and is not inflamed, but instead I have copious amounts of a cloudy white watery discharge that tastes sour and quite bitter, and smells that way too. Sometimes it's sort of a cloudy white creamy substance and when it's like this the smell is less acidic. I've been to the doctor and she says she can't see a sign of yeast infection?
    I've also been on the pill for about a year and have stopped taking it as of two days ago. I'm a 17 year old virgin as well, if that helps! Can anyone offer any advice? Please help!

• Also I did a home pH test and it came up with a 4.0 which is normal...

Comment

• You may want to look up BV. I don't have any experience with it, but there is a HUGE thread on Bacterial Vaginosis.

Comment

• If I had BV wouldn't my pH level be higher on the test?

Comment

• It could be something called Candida as well. Try changing your diet, as well as going to the doctors. Eat a lot of yogurt with active cultures, and garlic! LOTS of garlic! Also try getting yourself on lactobacsillus pills. BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACTIVE CULTURES! You need them to restore the proper flora down there. You can also tie garlic onto a string, and insert it into your vagina. You will be able to taste the garlic while its up there, and it may burn, or bother your stomach, but it works wonders. leave a clove of garlic up there for an hour a day with a yeast infection, and it will be gone in 3 days tops.

But please go and see a Gyno. It could be signs of a much bigger issue.
          The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
          -PostSecret

Comment

• I've just gotten a bunch of health foods, organic honey, apple cider vinegar, folic acid tablets and plain yoghurt with acidophilus etc. I don't have the money for a doctor OR a gyno so I'm really hoping this does the trick!

Comment

• Im a huge believer in natural healing. I hate going to the doctor, which is how i found out about garlic.

Also try baking soda in warm water, and douche with it. I read about it on another thread on here. It was for another type of BV...so it cant hurt to give it a shot right? Just be careful with what youre doing down there. Too much of a good thing can turn out bad.
              The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
              -PostSecret

Comment

• I know, I don't want to overdo it... But I really need to sort this out. It irritated me that the doctor said their was no sign of anything when there was clearly something wrong with my discharge but the pH level was 4.0. Do you think I'd be okay (as in not upsetting the "environment" and further) if I say ate the yoghurt for seven days, see how that works, then do the garlic for seven days of I'm not impressed?

Comment

• I think that is a good plan! Starting with the yogurt, I don't think you will really be upsetting anything, hopefully just making it better.

Somewhere here, I also remember reading that someone took a tampon applicator and filled that with yogurt and inserted that and it helped, a lot. I'll have to see if I can find the post.

Comment

• Does the yoghurt have to be completely free of sugar? It's organic with all the good stuff but just checked again and it has 4.1mg of sugar...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X