Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excessive Vaginal Moisture Has Reached A Critical Point

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Vaginal Moisture Has Reached A Critical Point

I am a 29 year old female who, for the last few years, has experienced what I consider to be excessive vaginal moisture (I say "I consider" because, ironically, I am a female but know very little about what constitutes normal vagina behavior in other females). Typically, over the course of a day, my panties get more and more moisture on them to the point that they are very damp. This tends to create a musty or moldy kind of smell, I'm assuming from sitting at a desk and having my legs closed for long periods of time every day. It's gross. I have always been aware of the odor, and have often wondered if it was detectable to others. This happens whether I'm wearing tight pants, tight skirts, or loose dresses. I have tried feminine deodorant sprays but, really, that just creates some kind of disgusting moldy-flowery hybrid scent. I shower regularly, have good hygeine as far as I'm aware, and use feminine washes in that area. I am sexually active (monogamous, long-term relationship) and my boyfriend, in a wave of courage, told me the other day that sometimes things "smell funky". I was mortified. Happy that he was honest with me, but mortified. I am looking for any and all advice on what may cause this (because I'm not sure I'm linking everything together correctly- is it the moisture and closed legs creating this? Could it be the type of underwear I wear? Is it something I'm eating? The clothes I'm wearing?) and how to remedy it. I have been reading up on the Waterworks Feminine Care system and it seems to be a really promising tool. I see my gyno regularly and do not have any infections that I'm aware of.

• Depending on the weather, if you're sitting all day, if it's hot and humid (like it is here right now) it's nearly impossible not to develop a bit of an odor.

If you feel like your odor is a result of dampness, sitting all day etc, then try some unscented feminine wipes. You may also try a bit of powder in the undies...not alot, just a bit. You might also think about trying a more breathable material undies.

As for diet, consider adding chlorophyll into your daily diet. It acts as an internal deodorizer. You may also think about other foods and things that may balance your flora and ph levels.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thanks for the advice! To expound a little more, it's definitely worse in the humid and hot summer months, but it's a year-round thing. The moisture/discharge is coming from within as opposed to being the result of just sweating or being hot. I'm determined to find a long-term solution to the discharge. I feel like if I can control that, then the dampness (and the unpleasant scent) will then clear up. I've definitely wondered if my pH levels are off somehow. I'll look into the chlorophyll, I didn't know that about it!

Comment

• I'll second the suggestion for chlorophyll - on BD's suggestion, hubby and I've used it on and off. For him, it helps downplay the bad breath he can get from having dry mouth. In my case, it helps reduce body odor (especially when it's being aggravated by hormones.) It's pretty inexpensive and readily available.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• When you say, 'moisture' can you clarify whether this is some kind of discharge directly from your vagina (so the moisture would build up regardless of your body temperature and/or level of physical activity carried out) or is it a part of your body which becomes particularly moist from perspiration?
          "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• This is discharge from my vagina. It's not white, in the typical sense of discharge, it's more of a clear discharge, but yes, it builds up regardless of temperature/level of physical activity.

Comment

• I went through that in my JR High years. As I got older, it calmed down, thank God. All girls are different. And if it makes you feel better, some girls smell wayyy worse down there than you do.
              "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                2. Consider seeking help

Yesterday, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
              • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
              • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
              • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing
              • Reply to Strange behaviour?

Thanks. My telling her about it was after what was en enjoyable 'session'. Somehow (quite mistakenly it seems) I thought she would see the erotic side....

04-11-2024, 05:06 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X