Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this normal!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal!?

Since I can remember I have had these white bumps on my vagina. They are mostly up in the front part by my clitoris. They itch and I often have redness and swelling. I have seen three different doctors about the itching and discharge and stuff. They always say I have a bacterial infection. Honestly, I have been kind of embarassed to ask about the bumps. They have been there forever so I guess I figured that if they are abnormal a doctor would notice and say something. Also I get tested for STDs every time I visit my OB-GYN. I just don't understand what they are if not an STD or an infection. Does everyone have these weird bumps?! And maybe the other stuff isn't related? SOMEONE HELP!

• Reply-Is this Normal?

I had the same thing and my Dr. said they are sweat pimples and advised me I should not shave down there.

Comment

• Yes, it is possible that they are whitehead pimples. The pores in that area get clogged or infected with bacteria and swell up. It is true that shaving can aggravate them. Sometimes you will get the same thing with infected hair follicles. If your doctors are certain you do not have any STDs, then you should start washing down there more often. Keeping that area as clean as possible, but just be sure not to use too much harsh soap. Wear only cotton panties and loose clothing so that area can breathe.

Have you asked your doctor if there is any kind of ointment you could use to help clear up recurrences?

It could also be possible that your soap or laundry detergent is irritating that area.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X