Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be a symtom of BV?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a symtom of BV?

Hi,
    I hope some one can help me. In the last 6 mos. I have had BV three times, my Dr. gives me antibiotic and w/ in a month or so it comes back. I have had no simtoms for the last couple of weeks but, I have noticed that I am extemley dry down under. This has never been a problem in the past. Last couple of times that my husband and I have had sex and he ejaculates inside it burns really bad!!! Could this be a symtom of BV?

• Medication

Hi,
    I am not a doctor, but I know medication always messes with my body chemistry. My advise would be to call your doctor. I wouldn't try and "wetness" lotions or anything until I talked to my doctor.

Also, try researching BV on www.webmd.com

Good luck.

Comment

• Bacterial Vaginosis is not typically a cause of any pain or skin irritation. It mostly is just foul smelling with discharge. In fact, a lack of discharge would make me think that you are dealing with something unrelated.

There really is not anything in ejaculation that could cause burning. A slight chance might be salt, but highly unlikely. Is it possible that you are just too dry down there and the friction from sex is what is causing the burning sensation? Many women will suffer from dryness at various times in life. That combined with the friction from sex can leave you swollen, red, and burning for a few hours.

I am not aware of the medications for BV having any side effects such as vaginal dryness. To be sure, ask your doctor. If says it's ok, then you are probably having a "dry spell" and need lubrication. Of course, other STDs can cause burning so you might want to have that checked out.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X