Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no period for two months

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no period for two months

I know it's probably because of the pill, but I want clarification I suppose. My husband and I want to get pregnant around August, so I quit the pill in January. My first period was normal at about five weeks. Second period was six weeks and thick and dark. I haven't had one since and my nurse practitioner put me on progesterone starting today for ten days. Is my body just trying to figure things out? Am I going to be able to get pregnant when I want, or will it take a little longer? I went on the pill around 1995, then switched to depo for only nine months(too much weight gain), then went back to the pill after that, I was on maybe two or three different ones before I found one that really worked well for me. (I'm 29 years old by the way).

Hopefully you can shed some insight?
    Thanks

• Did your doc give you a hormone panel to determine if you had a progesterone deficiency or did she just guess that you needed progesterone? First off, I would make sure to get a hormone panel. Make sure that you actually need progesterone. Progesterone is a hormone treatment and will require that your body goes through a period of adjustment before it's ready to make babies. The same goes for the birth control. Some BCs take longer then others to exit the system and allow it to return to normal. For example, Depo takes a minimum of one year. The hormone panel will see to it that your hormones are where they need to be in order to conceive. There are other things that could prevent you from being pregnant as well or having your period. The only way to be certain is to have a full exam.

Comment

• same situation

Hi all,

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think I have the same thing bothering me. I'm 12 days late and no pregnant ( 6 pregnancy tests and doctor's office (blood and urine test). I have been feeling a little nauseous for the past 3 days, but it might be nerves.

I'm also about 2 months away from starting to try for a baby, I was on the patch until December when I found out I was pregnant and had a miscarriage and haven't been on the any kind of birth control since.

I'm really worried as to what it could be and my doctor told me let's wait 2 more weeks and check again and do an Ultrasound and if I'm still not pregnant, the doctor will give me something that will help me start the period, but she didn't tell me anything about why this happens and I'm freaked out!!!! Pls help!

Comment

• Hmm... it could be a number of things. I think the first and formost possibillity might be hormone fluctations, which can occur for years after having stopped birth control. Particularly in the first year. Hormone fluctuations can cause the same symptoms as pregnancy (since that's what pregnancy does... messes with your hormones). Maybe you should ask to get a hormone panel taken? Do you feel extra moody/emotional? Having any sweats or anything like that?

Originally posted by mariana057
        Hi all,

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think I have the same thing bothering me. I'm 12 days late and no pregnant ( 6 pregnancy tests and doctor's office (blood and urine test). I have been feeling a little nauseous for the past 3 days, but it might be nerves.

I'm also about 2 months away from starting to try for a baby, I was on the patch until December when I found out I was pregnant and had a miscarriage and haven't been on the any kind of birth control since.

I'm really worried as to what it could be and my doctor told me let's wait 2 more weeks and check again and do an Ultrasound and if I'm still not pregnant, the doctor will give me something that will help me start the period, but she didn't tell me anything about why this happens and I'm freaked out!!!! Pls help!

Comment

• Thanx for a quick response, I am a little bit extra moody, but it could be me reacting to my hubby's mood, he's looking foward to us having a baby and this is really upsetting him, he thinks something could be wrong to the point of me not being able to conceive later on.

I do have gastritis and it could be acting up, it's just that the 2 things together are freaking me out. (no period and nasea)

Comment

• Originally posted by mariana057
            Thanx for a quick response, I am a little bit extra moody, but it could be me reacting to my hubby's mood, he's looking foward to us having a baby and this is really upsetting him, he thinks something could be wrong to the point of me not being able to conceive later on.

I do have gastritis and it could be acting up, it's just that the 2 things together are freaking me out. (no period and nasea)
            It sounds like it might possibly be hormones or something else that effects hormone production. It sounds like the only way you will know is to see the doctor. If you are concerned about being able to conceive after birth control, maybe you should have the doc check to make sure your fertillity is ok too so you and your man aren't worrying about that anymore.

Comment

• new info

Hi there, I actually just waited another week and finally started my period. It lasted longer than ever before, but I'm hoping on getting on track to being fairly normal. I would wait it out and not be too worried about the time it takes. Otherwise it may take longer with the stress involved. Other symptoms I've been having that I haven't had in years are migrains and moodiness. I also found out the answer to one of my other threads. If you want to count days to being fertile and you KNOW your cycle average, this is how... you subtract 14 days from the end of your cycle. If you have a six week cycle, you would be fertile around the 28th day. Now, if you have a four week cycle, your fertile days would be around the 14th. If you jump between those cycles then your fertile days could be anywhere between 14-28 day mark. Also, another way to check these is to take your temperature every day before doing too much in the morning. If your temp spikes a half degree then you are ovulating. Which in turn means FERTILE! I told my husband I guess it just means we have to have sex about every other day! Sperm stay alive in the vagina/fallopian tubes from 24-72 hours. I hope some of this helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by tkilmermoo
                Hi there, I actually just waited another week and finally started my period. It lasted longer than ever before, but I'm hoping on getting on track to being fairly normal. I would wait it out and not be too worried about the time it takes. Otherwise it may take longer with the stress involved. Other symptoms I've been having that I haven't had in years are migrains and moodiness. I also found out the answer to one of my other threads. If you want to count days to being fertile and you KNOW your cycle average, this is how... you subtract 14 days from the end of your cycle. If you have a six week cycle, you would be fertile around the 28th day. Now, if you have a four week cycle, your fertile days would be around the 14th. If you jump between those cycles then your fertile days could be anywhere between 14-28 day mark. Also, another way to check these is to take your temperature every day before doing too much in the morning. If your temp spikes a half degree then you are ovulating. Which in turn means FERTILE! I told my husband I guess it just means we have to have sex about every other day! Sperm stay alive in the vagina/fallopian tubes from 24-72 hours. I hope some of this helps!
                Thank you for clarifying the fertillity issues. I am sure many other women will ask that very question in the future!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X