Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused**

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused**

I am sexually active and I had my period June 20th and it lasted till June 24th, it was a normal period then I had my Pap Smear on the 27th and everything still normal. Then 3 days after my Pap Smear I started having cramps at work then later on the day I started spotting, it was real light and red. I really didn't need a pad or tampon it was usually noticed when I went to the bathroom. The spotting when on real light for 7 days then stopped. Which I've had spotting a couple of times before but they were always in the middle of my cycle and lasted for a couple of days. Also my breast are real sore especially the nipple part, which this happens before I get my period but never afterwards and for so long. Any suggestions to what it could be??

• If everything in your pap was normal, then I would not worry too much about it. It was probably irregular because of stress or a hormone fluctuation (both are normal). I know that just going to get a pap can be stressful so that may have thrown off your cycle. It is very normal and common for women to have irregular periods. Keep an eye on it and see if it levels out over the next few months. If it remains irregular, you might speak with your gynecologist again about whether or not you should take hormone therapy or birth control to regulate it. If it is not a big problem for you though and your exams are always normal, then I wouldn't take anything for it unless you need to.

Comment

• So there's no possible way that I could be pregnant, because Im starting to feel some of the symptoms like headaches, sore breasts, and ive been feeling real tired lately more than normal, which are some symptoms of pregnancy, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Comment

• I did not know that you were concerned about pregnancy, as you did not mention that. Of course it is possible if you have been having sex. Some women will continue to bleed either normally or irregularly even after they become pregnant. The only way to know is to take some pregnancy tests. The over-the-counter ones are pretty accurate these days and not too expensive. Put your mind at ease by investing in some of those. If they are negative, then you are most likely just having a common irregular period.

Just remember, the only way to be 100% certain about ANYTHING is to see your gynecologist.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X