Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Time to Start

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Time to Start

Ok, I have a question. I'm 22 and a virgin, would it be best to wait until I have sex to see an ObGyn or a midwife or should I play it safe and go see one now? I'm not in a relationship, and there's no plans or signs that I will start one any time soon, but you never know what will happen. My periods are irregular, but that could be because of February and the missing 2 days. However, it went from being at the end of the month, to the beginning of the month, and is now at the middle of the month. Is that cause for an ObGyn visit or just girl talk? It also feels like there's a bump down there, but I think it could be a pimple... I just want to make sure I'm taking care of myself.

~Natalie

• Gynecologists are not just for sexually related issues. It is a good idea to have at least a yearly exam with pap. The reason being that, regardless of whether or not you are a virgin, they can detect infection, defects, chemical imbalances, and cancer. It would be wise to start getting your yearly exams.

After you have sex, seeing a gyn. is wise to make sure you have not contracted any STDs.

As far as the bump, it is normal to get small bumps that look like pimples. Well, they basicly are pimples. Some times they are infected hair follicles or ingrown hairs. Keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't get really big or that you don't start to see more. If that happens, definately see a doctor because you could have an infection of some sort.

Comment

• Thank you. I think I will make an appointment.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X