Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

My doughter is 15.She had her period almost regulary for 2 yaers.But those days she told me that her period lasted just 2 days.I naver had a problem like this.So what is wrong?Is she sick or something?I thing she is too young to go to the doctor.Can you tell me what is wrong?
    Thank you.

• hello sonya, first of all, i dont think she's too young to see a doctor, how else are u gonna find out if something is wrong with her? when i was her age i had irregular period and my doctor gave me birth control pills to regulate it. my cousin was 13 when she started having irregular periods, she went to the doctor and got medication for it. i think u should take her to the doctor, we can only give you our advice and opinion on what we might think about it, but a doctor will be able to determine if there is a problem or not with her.

Comment

• I agree that a girl is NEVER too young to see a doctor about ANYTHING. It's important she see a doctor if you feel there is a problem.

However, she is very young still and her hormones will continue to go through changes for the rest of her life. All women are different and so are their cycles. Some are as regular as they come and some are the complete opposite and both ends are normal. Some women are just destined to have irregular periods for whole or part of their lives.

So, it is possible that she is having normal irregular periods and there is nothing wrong. You should still have her see a doctor to make sure as there are some health conditions that can cause irregular periods too.

It is true that birth control can be used to regulate her cycle, but I personally do not recommend it unless she is really having problems. I mean, a two day period is a blessing if you ask me. If the doctor says she is healthy, then leave it be. I think it is unnecessary to fill her up with hormones just to make her have a seven day period.

The only way to be certain is to see the doctor.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X