Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inflamed urethra

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inflamed urethra

I do not have pain in my bladder. But I have a burning sensation on the opening of my urethra. When I pee it stings. It hurts to the touch. It's inflammed. Does anyone else have this?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

• Urethra

Hi Delta! - could be a number of things ! have you been bathing with salts or oils in the bath ? any perfumes bubble baths ect ? the urethra can be irritated by all these things - also different types of lubrication you could have an allergy, likewize , enthusiatic sex or stimulation of the clitoral area can cause soreness or irritation . Then again it could be washing powder if youve just changed your brand .. perhaps to put your mind at rest its well worth a quick visit to the dr .. in th meantime try a little non irritating lubrication a little bit on the top of it and no underwear so you can give it a chance to settle down .. best wishes katty

Comment

• Thx Katty! I do take bubble baths. I guess that area can be easily irritated. It's actually feeling somewhat better.
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Comment

• Thats great news Delta ....best wishes

Comment

• Help!

This sounds exactly like what I have which I believe was caused by intercourse perhaps being a bit too enthusiastic. I went to the GYN and the pap smear and urine test was negative. I asked if it could be an irritated urethra caused by sex and he said no. I don't understand why he said that. My husband touched the urethra with a Q tip to apply ointment and it really hurt. Hot baths seem to help. Any other ideas?? thanks

Comment

• Hot baths do really help. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas - I just feel for you. Hope it gets better soon.

Comment

• maybe try...

Although warm baths are soothing, if it is a urethritis or vulvitis, the warm water may be just masking the symptoms. Not saying don't take them. Sometimes there just has to be some relief. Try an ice pack. Sounds funny I know but if it is just an irritation with some edema, the ice will take the swelling down. It too is soothing. Just be careful not to use it directly on the area. I mean, use an ice pack or something similar with your panties as a barrier. Something to try anyway.

Im not sure why your GYN would tell you this couldn't be caused by sex as we see this sometimes in the office. Sometimes is a reaction to soaps or perfumes in soaps or even laundry soap. With the burning, even tho the pap and urine tests came back negative, did your gyn take a sample directly from the urethral opening and test is for infections?

If this problem perisits return to your doctor.

Comment

• Uneeklyme and all, what does the dr. do if it is caused by sex? I'm having problems again. The urethra is red, and when I urinate it feels differently than a badder infection which burns immediately as I would start to urinate..in this case the sting comes when the urine seems to be just coming out of the urethra and the urethra burns afterwards. A hot shower makes it feel great but as soon as I feel like I have to urinate even a tiny bit I feel uncomfortable and then upon urinating the pain comes really back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uneeklyme View Post
                  Although warm baths are soothing, if it is a urethritis or vulvitis, the warm water may be just masking the symptoms. Not saying don't take them. Sometimes there just has to be some relief. Try an ice pack. Sounds funny I know but if it is just an irritation with some edema, the ice will take the swelling down. It too is soothing. Just be careful not to use it directly on the area. I mean, use an ice pack or something similar with your panties as a barrier. Something to try anyway.

Im not sure why your GYN would tell you this couldn't be caused by sex as we see this sometimes in the office. Sometimes is a reaction to soaps or perfumes in soaps or even laundry soap. With the burning, even tho the pap and urine tests came back negative, did your gyn take a sample directly from the urethral opening and test is for infections?

If this problem perisits return to your doctor.
                  You are right. The ice packs (or frozen food bags) make the area feel much better.

Comment

• stinging Urethra

I have this too. It comes and goes. Has anyone found out what it is?

Comment

• sweety79, the dr. just called me today to say that my urine did test positive for a bladder infection, so I'm on Cipro for 3 days. But I think that the friction from intercourse, combined with being older (late 40's) when the skin is thinning out, caused an irritation in the urethra which led to an infection.

Comment

• Cailg, Thanks for responding. It is weird it comes and goes. One day I have it the next I don't. I am glad you found out what it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweety79 View Post
                          Cailg, Thanks for responding. It is weird it comes and goes. One day I have it the next I don't. I am glad you found out what it was.
                          Sweety, do you find it bothers you more the more sitting you are doing or after intercourse?

Comment

• I can't really figure out what causes the irritation. I will go and it won't bother me at all and then in a few hours I'll go and it will sting just around the opening. I have tested for UTI's and its negative. I just kinda am trying to live with it. I went to the gyn and she gave flagyl, but I still have it.

Comment

• Sweety, do you think there is a connection to acidic stuff you are drinking or eating? are you perimenapausal like me? Also, is the area red?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
                                I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Today, 09:02 PM By amy40
                              • Reply to Butt Eating

So my last post in this thread says unapproved and I think it popped up something about it getting flagged as potential spam when I posted it last night....

Today, 07:30 AM By FeelingWeird
                              • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

So I realize that this thread is quite old, but it just got bumped so I saw it and would like to add some things. Daffodils&Cream , if you are still...

Today, 07:12 AM By FeelingWeird
                              • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

Start writing to him fantasy emails. My guy works out of town and I was at a lost for texting/sexing and I was always concerned of who might be around...

Yesterday, 08:07 PM By Amlc26
                              • Reply to Butt Eating

Thanks for this! I am not huge on sticking things in there LOL, but I love external butt play, both giving and receiving. It feels so amazing, and I am...

Yesterday, 06:11 PM By FeelingWeird

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
                                I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Today, 09:02 PM By amy40
                              • Butt Eating

So I kinda got roped into a debate elsewhere about whether or not women like eating men's asses. Curious if anyone here has any arguments for or against...

04-06-2021, 07:26 AM By FeelingWeird
                              • How do I know? Menopause.

I thought I was safe to go off birth control after a landmark birthday and no periods for a year. Then suddenly, the elevator scene from The Shining....

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                              • Sex furniture and wedges?

I’m curious to know if anybody is using any support wedges or sex furniture they like? My knees are stiff and painful these days, which is limiting...

04-03-2021, 07:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                              • My Wife & Orgasm

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing some lurking and reading up on some previous posts, but have not found a definitive answer.

Anyway,...

03-19-2021, 01:15 PM By EmpyNester
                              Working...
                              X