Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! Lining of uterus thick and have been bleeding for months

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Lining of uterus thick and have been bleeding for months

I am 49 years old. And went through the menopause at 45 and have not had any period since. But in May I started to bleed and have continually been bleeding. I have been told the lining of my uterus is thick hence the bleeding. I can't take any more. At my last visit Mirena coil as been inserted and I have been put on the pill. I don't know if it is the coil but I was down about the bleeding before. But now I am suicidal.. I can't take any more. I am going to call the gynaecologist today and talk about this. Does anyone know of any other options? I don't want the coil or be taking the pill at my age. I just want the bleeding to stop. Thanks in advance for your comments

• Welcome to WH! I think a visit to your gynecologist is the right action. Please let us know what was discussed.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks. I am getting the coil removed and back to the drawing board. Will go back to doctors. This is taking over my life. I can't believe that the bleeding won't stop and that I am almost expected to put up with it.

Comment

• This is happening in to my friend but she has been diagnosed with endometriosis. Have they looked into something like that?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

Yesterday, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
        • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X