Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOrmones and periods have become unbearable

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOrmones and periods have become unbearable

Hi. I’m new to the site. I’m at my wits end and looking for any advice or help.

I have struggled with my hormones and periods since I was 15. For 20 years now. I have tried every pill available and they all had severe mental affects.

During ovulation and a week before I come on I get an overwhelming sense of paranoia, anxiety and general low feeling of myself and everything around. I have been prescribed fluoxetine which didn’t work and now cilatopram which is also proving unsuccessful because they cannot cope with the short spike of emotions and feelings. i have now been referred for cbt to see if this has any effect.

On top of this the periods themselves are getting worse. I am bleeding extremely heavy. I can’t leave the house. I got through a super plus tampon in under twenty minutes. The pain is unbearable and it is taking over my life.

I Am my wits end with my hormones and periods. Hey are effecting my home and work life and mental health. I have an appointment with my doctor again next week but I’m just looking for any help and advice I can from other women who suffer the same. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer. X

• I'm presuming they've ruled out causes like endometriosis, and common diseases like this? Are you in the US?

Have you explored anything outside of mainstream medical treatment for this, such as holistic docs, acupuncture, etc? Are there homeopaths in your area that have experience in this? Have you researched dietary controls for these problems?
    There's some good, respectable research to show these methods are helpful. I'd encourage you to look into that.

Comment

• Hi atskitty2
      Thank yo for replying. sorry I probably should have said I’m in the uk. They haven’t exactly confirmed that I don’t have endometriosis but tell me my womb looked healthy when hey tied my tubes. I think I am going to ask for further examination.
      I have Done a lot of research around diet and as a result went to a plant based diet three and half months ago and looking at enhancing that after discovering cyclediet to ensure I’m eating good foods for hormones.

I havent looked at holistic docs and homeopathic treatment but I will certainly do some research into that thank you.
      Last edited by jns; 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

Yesterday, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
      • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
      • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
      Working...
      X