Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad and need to get this off my chest.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad and need to get this off my chest.

Hello everyone, I’m new here and I need some support. I’ve been wanting to get breast implants for as long as I can remember. I went for my first consultation when I was 23 years old and then chickened out.
    Fast forward 23 years later, I finally had the time and the means to get it done. I was referred to one of the top plastic surgeons in my state. I was so excited about the pre-op process and had my implants size picked out and loved the 3D images. I was going from an A to a high C/D cup. My surgery was done just a few days ago and on that morning I got cold feet and told my Dr. I don’t want to be a D (450cc) anymore. He said the only alternative implant he had with him was a 360cc I said ok. I’d rather do them than the 450. So he listened and put in the 360 cc but now I’m look at my boobs and only see the slightest change. It looks like I’m a small B now. I’m so sad. I worked hard for many years to save up for them. I still look the same and still fit in my regular tops. What have I done? I can’t stop crying.

• I just wanted to add that I’m 5’4” and weigh 115 lbs.

Comment

• Welcome to WHI!

I consulted a BMI chart and see that you are in the lower range of normal. I wonder if that has anything to do with sizing. Other sources said that 130cc to 150cc would result in a one size cup increase, but another source cautioned that with a small percentage of women it may take double that (300cc). Cup size seems inexact to me. A woman who is almost completely flat chested and a woman who has 120cc breasts would both be classified as A cup. I would think the former would need more augmentation than the latter to get to a medium C cup. Then calculations would have to be made for a medium C cup or a full C cup. Did your surgeon perform measurements and calculations?

I'm sorry that they have not met your dreams. Have you considered buying some different tops that will help accentuate your augmentation while still being in your comfort zone?

Best wishes.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thank you for your reply. I think I was on the low end of it as you mentioned. I wish I did more research. My boobs are still small like seriously I don’t see much of a difference. All that money just for me to chicken out. How do I get over this regret? ????

Comment

• I know how you're feeling, Heart4Them. I paid for a cosmetic treatment and yet there was little difference. I had paid a fair amount of money, with virtually no change. It made me sad and regretful, too.

I think your only option is to just do as suggested and wear push-up bras and other enhancements instead. It is a shame for you, though. I do know what you're feeling.

Comment

• Aww that is the worse! I paid a lot too What did you get done if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

• I had dental treatment done. They didn't give me the result I wanted. The worst thing is I spent over $300.

Still, there was an improvement with my teeth. I am not entirely happy, however.

Comment

• It is a shame, but surgery of any kind is a big deal. Having your chest cut open and implants put in would be scary for anyone: so don't say you've "chickened" out: you had every reason to feel fear. I would've been scared myself.

The only way to get over your regret is to just accept you're built the way you're built and weren't meant to have a large bust. Learn to love your boobs as they are. Don't forget Jennifer Lopez had a small bust, yet is considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. If you watched her video "If You Had My Love" you'll see how small her bust. But NO ONE picked up on it.

You're beautiful just as you are.

Comment

• Wow. I'm so sorry...and I only wish that after the morning pre-operative discussion, your surgeon would have post-poned the surgery, for you to be absolutely certain of your choice. That's just unfortunate. You clearly were still questioning the choices you'd previously made, and more thorough information would have been indicated.

How long has it been?
                  Have you spoken to the medical office to ask about any counseling resources for this type of thing? Are they aware of how unhappy you are? I'm sure you're not the first person to have some regret they're facing and need some assistance to overcome those feelings.

All in all, you have breasts a little bigger than before, correct? Try to see the positive in it all, and realize that you can probably boost that a little more in clothing with the right undergarments.
                  It's important to be happy with our image, and feel good about our outward appearance. A healthy sense of self can be achieved regardless what we look like, and even whether or not we really like everything about our body. You're healthy, you did a very brave thing to get the augmentation in the first place.
                  Also, I know that some implants have to be "updated" every few years. Ask if it's possible to go up another 100cc at that time.
                  And, it may take awhile, but you can save up the funds to make it what you want.

As hard as it is, try to focus on all the things you love about your body. Put away the thoughts of small boobs and love your body for all it does for you.

Comment

• Give it some time girl. If you end up a nice full B cup, and you're 5'4'' 115 lbs, that's virtually PERFECT in my book. I know what I think doesn't matter, but I think what you've described will be something you're incredibly happy with long term.
                    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thank you ladies so much for your replies. It makes me feel better having so much support! My breasts are still small but the positive side is that they are not as deflated as they used to be. I don’t think anyone would be able to tell that I have implants. I still wear my XS tops and look the same when I’m dressed. It’s a shame because this whole thing was bad communication from the doctors office. There was about a month between my pre-op visit and my surgery date. No one from the office cared to call me at all during that time. All I got was a text reminder the day before about my surgery time. In the one month I talked to a lot of friends and decided I didn’t want to do large 450 CC anymore. So when I saw the doctor the day of my surgery and told him I didn’t want 450 he said he didn’t have anything smaller on him except a 350 base and I said ok because there weren’t any other options. I think a 400 would have been ideal. I’m still small like seriously just a B.
                      But thank you ladies for helping me feel better. I actually did think about J Lopez and she is beautiful. It’s only been 12 days since my surgery. I hope I can get over this and embrace it ASAP.

Comment

• Please remember that your breasts need time to heal and to settle into the right place after your initial surgery. It can take even more than three months before you see the final results. To help your implants settle into the right place, and to improve your overall results, you may perform implant exercises (ask your surgeon about them).

Comment

• I have to second atskitty2's post. I think you got a poor consultatation and this is why you're unhappy with the results. You should've had a much more informative and helpful consultation than you did. Perhaps you would consider complaining? You're clearly unhappy with the service you received: and you are in no way to blame. You needed more time in the consultation room.

Whether or not you tell the surgery this is up to you. But - again - you are not to blame for being unhappy. I think you were time pressured and should not have been.

Comment

• Popcorn and Hanna, thank you for your support. It means a lot when you find someone who understands ????

Comment

• The emojis are coming up as question marks. Sorry those were supposed to be a heart.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                              Working...
                              X