Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost weekly heavy clotting, when should I be concerned?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost weekly heavy clotting, when should I be concerned?

Hi, this is my first time writing somewhere like this, but I was hoping for some advice(like most people here I guess XD on if I should wait and see or if I should look into finding a way to get this checked out. I don't have insurance so any real Dr visits will be rather pricey for me, from what I've seen.

But yeah, mothersday weekend I had a day of extremely heavy clotting, unsure of the size of it cause I just figured I was having a heavy day, which happens occasionally, but it was enough that it caught me off guard and left an impression. The next weekend it happened again, but way heavier, thick large clots over the course of the day, with 2 that were about the same volume of a plum and the largest one almost double those two along with smaller ones throughout the day. It chilled out again and about 5 days later I had another slightly lesser but still heavy clot-explosion, and today, a little less than a week later it's back with a vengance again.

I've never bled this close together before, this heavy. I've had heavy cycles, but this condensed has me wondering if somethings going on?

There's no pain, no fatigue, no nothing for other symptoms, just sudden heavy clotting that's annoying beyond all reason for my laundry lmao. Every cause I've looked up has indicated there'd be some additional symptoms if it was something BAD bad. I'm not sexually active currently (last partner was clean and several years ago), I've never been on birth control, but the only outlier that might be a factor is semi-recent heavy stress because, well, life is what it is right now, on top of general family stress ramping up with people all getting fed up with everything as it is. Again nothing bad bad but we're usually our own support system and we've been at each others throats a bit more as of late with the strain of everyone elses stress growing as time goes on.

Like I said, there's no actual pain, just a pain in my neck with constant emergency laundering of pants with the sudden crimson surprises my body is throwing my way when I should be in the clear. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is it something bad to actually worry about or can I just kind of let it run it's course and cross my fingers my body is going to chill out?

• OK im dumb and have no idea how to edit my post, but there shouldn't be a winky face up there. that's weird lmao

Comment

• It sounds as if you may have endometriosis. They can cause exactly what you describe. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do except see a gyno. There are ways to do an ablation, medications that can help, but no cure unless it via medical intervention.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thank you! I'll see if theres anywhere in my area that can work with me on stuff to get checked out.

Comment

• From what you’re describing, my first thought was fibroids. Yes, they can cause pain — but not always. Given how often you’re experiencing bleeding and clots so often (that isn’t tied to your menstrual cycle), it might be fibroid-related.

Hormonal imbalances can cause this, as well — even during perimenopause (the time before menopause actually occurs and your periods cease). But from what I understand, that’s usually spotting and period irregularities (so you'd likely have cramps/other menstrual symptoms in tandem).

It could certainly be stress — stress can affect your body in SO many ways. But given what you’ve said, I think it’s worth finding a way to see someone and have it evaluated further.

You might try going to Planned Parenthood if there is one near you — it would be a lower-cost option that would enable you to see a gynecologist without the hefty price tag of a doc at a private practice. Most PP’s offer a full range of gynecological check-up services and tests. There may also be other low-cost options in your area, as well, that might be worth checking out in the absence of PP.

But I think you should see a doctor. You’re not having pain, and that’s good, and even if this is just a stress-related inconvenience, it’s better to know for sure.

Comment

• What's your age? If you're of an age when hormonal changes could be leading to menopause, that may be a factor or contributor here as well.
            In addition to what the other ladies have mentioned, I thought of hormonal changes related to age, coming up on menopause. We can have heavier periods for a time as those hormonal changes are happening, and before the periods begin to lighten. You mentioned stress, and that's another likely contributor.

Regardless, I don't think it's something to let run it's course. Visit your doctor or gynecologist, and discuss all the issues with them so that you can have some peace of mind!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

Today, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
            • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

Yesterday, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
            • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
            • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
            • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
            Working...
            X