Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaginital Disformation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginital Disformation

Hi. I really need someones help, anyones! I have a promblem with the apperence of my, what i suppose they call, labia minor. My inner flaps of my vagina. One side of it is discoloured, bumpy and rough, and wrinkley.. I really dont know what to do about it. I have a boyfriend who I am sexually active with.. could that be the reason? I hope that is the only problem.. but my friends are also worried as when he has fingured me, on 2 or 3 occasions, I have bled, during it. Am I doing something wrong?
    I hope one of you ladies can help me... it is grately needed as its been like this for a while.. and has started to get worse..
    Many Thanks x

• Can you go see a gyno?

Comment

• Well no.. not exactly.
      See, Im quite young.. and the only way I can go see one would be if my mum was there... which I was hopeing wouldnt happen ever. I dont even know if there is one near me. I thought maybe someone would know what it was.. or even how to solve the problem.
      Do you have any idea what it is?
      Many Thanks x

Comment

• It actually doesn't sound like anything is wrong.
        If you bled from fingering it could have been your hymen or he was too rough.

Comment

• Nothing wrong? Is it normal to have that? I havent always had it though. It just appeared.

Comment

• Originally posted by LucyLu1102 View Post
            Nothing wrong? Is it normal to have that? I havent always had it though. It just appeared.
            I can see your frustration, you have two questions one on the bleeding, the other on the below:-

LucyLu1102
            One side of it is discoloured, bumpy and rough, and wrinkley
            I am wondering, do you feel dry down there? Do you ever feel like it burns, or itches?

I am not suggesting thrush, but i am wondering if you are not lubricated naturally by yourself, it may be drying excessively?

Hense blood flow, roughness, wrinkly?

CW
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thank you so much for your ideas on what it is. It really helps for someone to put the fingure on something. So thank you.
              My friend did indicate to me that it might have been thrush. And I did buy some cream and use it about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I dont think it did very much for the symptoms though. But I do see exactly what you mean with the dryness. Fits perfectly to what is happening down there. Would you advise me to go see a gyno though? Or just try and tackle this problem by myself?
              But still. Thank you for you reply... really nice to hear that im not dying.. or that you dont know what an earth i have because its so ab-normal.
              Many thanks. x

Comment

• As far as the appearance of your labia ... I promise you're perfectly normal. I bet you just didn't look at your wrinkly, bumpy, rough, and "discolored" labia much before you became sexually active. If you don't think you'll get in trouble for it, Google Image Search "labia" and take a look ... you'll probably see plenty of labia that look like your own, and they're perfectly normal.
                And since you're young, fingering is probably just stretching out your vagina, and that can cause bleeding. It's normal, BUT it's also something you want to avoid ... tell your boyfriend to be more gentle!
                Your first yeast infection/thrush should be diagnosed by a doctor or your mother. You shouldn't be using the cream if you don't have a fungal infection. That subject is something you SHOULD be able to talk to your mother about; yeast infections are caused by the overgrowth of your body's own yeast and has nothing to do with sexual activity (usually.)
                <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Haha, no I definatly didn't look like this before i became sexualy active, you're very right. But the thing is that I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Ever since it came it makes me so self concious, and I want to do anything that will make it go! Also the problem is that its not just both sides (maybe i could cope with that), instead its just one of them, so it protudes (quite literally) and looks so out of place!
                  I'm glad you think its a yeast infection rather than something more sinister and nasty. I will go and see a doctor when i am back home (right now im in the middle east with my dad's work and i dont think the women doctors would be very happy with me saying i am sexualy active) in a weeks time and sort it out there. Do you think that the symptoms will go alltogether? And can I do anything to aid it in the mean while?
                  Thank you so much for your help so far. Really helpfull.

Comment

• "Getting rid of it" would include expensive surgery and probably painful recuperation. There is nothing wrong with your body. I'll even go as far as to say that your description sounds VERY familiar because I thought the same thing of MY ladyparts a few short years ago until I became comfortable with my own body. They are how they are; I don't see any reason to go chopping them off because they're wrinkly (some women do; that's their business.) Most men don't care.
                    You don't have to tell those doctors that you're sexually active just like you wouldn't have to tell your mother; you can just tell them you think you might have a yeast infection. If it's really an infection I certainly wouldn't want to go a few weeks with it! Sometimes they do go away on their own, though.
                    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Thats the thing. It really doesnt itch that badly.. which makes me think that it isnt a yeast infection, and mines been with me for so long like 3 or 4 months that i dont think it will go on its own if it hasnt done so already. I will go see a doctor in my town in England when I get back. But I am very glad that you think it is somewhat normal. The reason I think that it is abnormal would be because alot of the people my age do not experiance any of it. Or when I tell them about it, they seem to think something is very badly wrong with me. So I feel really self consious about it because of those reasons. Seems strange that if its a yeast infection.. I do not experience BAD itching. Right?

Comment

• The fact that you are experiencing itching at all, and one side you say is more swollen than the other but never used to be, would be that you possibly do have one.

As Little said, never listen to the "outside world" see a Doctor only they know what is wrong, girlfriends can send you in wrong directions and you shouldn't use any creams without consulting a Doctor first.

But buy some vinigar if you can and salt, add to warm water in a bath or very small amount of each in a cup and do the same thing. They are natural products but help heal and stop the itching.

If you are wearing nylon panties, ditch them. Go for cotton, cotton breathes the air and nylon irritates. Also tight jeans don't help...

Good luck.
                        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Another thing you could use instead of vinegar is baking powder. Mix a few tablespoons of it in a bath and soak a while.

Comment

• Thank you VERY much for the advice. You sound a lot more experianced than my friends do! I will try them soon. And will see a doctor as soon as I get back home.
                            Thanks again, and if I have any more problems that follow. I will be sure to ask for help here. Its extremely useful.

Comment

• you more than likely have no problem at all besides possibly a birth sdefect of some sort.My grlfriend for a year in highschool had a more less extra outer labia and her vagina seamed similar to what you are describing. She was a virgin, and had some tests, but it was nothing at all just skin. As for the coloration and such, I think that has more to do with ethnicity, such as Hispanic, Latino, Filipino and such.

But even so it never hurts to get checked, and I'm no expert.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X