Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharge

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharge

For about 3-4 years I have had a yellowish discharge. Around my cycle it gets heavier. I got to the OBGYN once a year. Last time I had them test me for EVERYTHING, they even sent me for ultra sounds due to have pain. The pain is gone, but the discharge is still very present. It is all hours of the day and night. It is thick and icky. I can not stand it at all. My last Doctor (i moved) said i didnt not have a yeast infection so it is not that. Can anyone please help me. I am sick of this i think 3 years is enough.

• I'm really not sure what this could be, but you are right three years is toooo long.

If I was you I would go back to a gyno and get all the tests done again. Get a blood test and ask for not just a pap smear but also a swob as it sounds like an infection. You might find that a course of the right anti biotics might do the trick.

Keep asking until you get an answer. health professionals are there to serve us, even though they often give the impression that it is the other way around. I would love just once to bill them for the time i waited in the waiting room for my apt. lol.

This though is no laughing matter, it is making you very uncomfortable and unhappy.

Good luck, wish i could have been more help.

tt

Comment

• I am trying to wait till my insurance at this company Kicks in... Do you know of anything I can do till then??

Comment

• I sometimes forget how fortunate we are in australia with our public health system.

If there is itching and irritation you could get over the counter creams for yeast infection but it doesn't really sound like this is the case.

If it is an infection warm salt baths wouldn't hurt although it is not really going to solve the problem long term. If you feel brave enough to talk to a pharmasist about the situation they may know of any over the counter meds or natural remedies that might help. I know this can be a sensative issue though.

Did anything happen prior to the onset of the discharge that could give you a clue as to the cause?

Search the web about vaginal infections, it couldn't hurt. and keep posting here, someone may have more answers. Also look at past gyno threads that seem similar and see what advice they may have been given.

Good luck. tt

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X