Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have pain :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have pain :(

My husband and I got married in late February and we have not been able to have sex much because each time it is way too painful for me. I've had a few doctor appointments and they've taken samples from my vagina area to run different tests for possible causes. (I don't remember the names of them, but most of them sounded like types of std's or yeast infections). When I first got married, I did have a small yeast infection, but that cleared up because last time I went, they found no more yeast infection. My thyroid has been tested, they've checked to see if I'm diabetic, all came back with good results.
    I'm guessing it's time that they dig deeper but I just don't have any ideas.
    When we first have sex I get instant pain, even when well lubed, and when he slides in nice and easy, it's a sharp pain and the entire time it burns like as though I have a flaming torch going in and out instead of my husband. about 6 months before we got married we had sex a few times. We wanted to wait until we got married, but slipped up. Sex was great then. We stopped after a few times though because we really wanted our wedding night to be something special for us, not just another night of sex, but something we really waited for (plus for religious reasons, but the two reasons went hand in hand for us).
    I just felt so bad when we hit our wedding night and we couldn't do anything because it hurt too much. And it makes me sad to think about how we've now been married for almost 6 months and still we can't have sex. We try every 2-3 weeks, but it always ends the same. I get pain immediatly.
    Has anyone had a pain like this?
    It's like as though he were too big and we weren't lubed at all, but him and I both know he fits purfectly, and any time we try and I'm even slightly dry, we lube up just to make sure...so the pain isn't because of him being too big or us not being lubed.
    Please help! Any ideas would be greatful! I'm still trying to pay off all the past tests and I really don't want to get stuck with paying for tons of more tests only to not get anywhere. If anyone has an idea of something I could mention to the doctor, that would be great! I have a really good doctor, but she was gone for a long time so I switched to another until she returned, so my "temp" doc started me on the "minor" tests or more common problems type tests. Now that my other doc is back, I have to get the results sent to her so she can catch up on where I'm at on the testing. I like her because she's open to ideas her patients have. If they bring in info on stuff, she will look it over and consider it. So any thoughts you guys have I know she will think about and it may help give her ideas.
    Thanks for the help!

• You have not said what age you but if you are nearing the menopause it may be Vaginal Atophy. I have experienced the same problems ,I experience pain everytime we try to have sex it is like red hot needles inside me and I am very sore afterwards.

I am 50 and have gone through an early menopause (at 45) due to having cancer. Doctor said it is due to dryness (Vaginal Atrophy) and I should use lubricants which I have tried but still have difficulty. I have had a Coloscopy done and they have taken biopsy also and found nothing so it looks like it is may be down to the menopause.

Comment

• have you read anything about vaginismus? though it's often associated with inability to penetrate or extremely difficult penetration, sometimes it can just be painful sex. it's not any kind of infection, but is caused by the automatic reaction of your pelvic floor muscles to tighten up. the cool thing is its very treatable; not usually a quick fix, though.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X