Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADD & sex... can't focus while doing it

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADD & sex... can't focus while doing it

I have grown up with ADD and at this age I don't notice it as much. I have gotten better at coping with it while doing most things in life. I have had the same partner for more than a year and since the very beginning of our love-making, my mind trails off at a certain point. I think about foods I want to eat, things I forgot to tell him during the day, and other silly things I shouldn't be thinking during such an act. I know its silly but I keep trying to tell him "help me focus" though he doesn't really know what to say. Its usually "we're making love..... I love you" and my mind trails off again.

Any tips for staying focused while having sex? apparently the act isn't entertaining enough for my mind to focus on it? ha!

• I can easily relate to what you are saying. I believe I have a tiny attention deficit (not necessarily a disorder, in my case) but my mind does wonder like yours does, sometimes.
    Being a guy, it’s most too obvious when and if that happens :- (
    So, without really knowing what I was doing, I developed in the beginning and on the spot
    (no pun intended :- ) some sort of improvised mantra that I keep repeating, some nice, sweet, loving phrase that reflects what I’m feeling at that particular moment. That has helped my mind from wondering. Is that stopping you from having orgasms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaystrwbry42 View Post
      I have grown up with ADD and at this age I don't notice it as much. I have gotten better at coping with it while doing most things in life. I have had the same partner for more than a year and since the very beginning of our love-making, my mind trails off at a certain point. I think about foods I want to eat, things I forgot to tell him during the day, and other silly things I shouldn't be thinking during such an act. I know its silly but I keep trying to tell him "help me focus" though he doesn't really know what to say. Its usually "we're making love..... I love you" and my mind trails off again.

Any tips for staying focused while having sex? apparently the act isn't entertaining enough for my mind to focus on it? ha!
      The Orgasm Loop, talks about how to focus and provides some techniques ofr doing so, you may find that very helpful.

Comment

• Do you orgasm during sex? Are you in love?

It sounds like a defensive mechanism to keep from falling totally in love. Maybe some repression of pleasure derived from sex to keep things from progressing past a certain point thrown in, too.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
        • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
        • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
        • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X