Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get it

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months. Because we started dating and got physical I went on birth control. I was on it for 6 months and went off because it was making me depressed. I can't take anything hormonal. ANYWAY...so it seems ever since then, my boyfriend and I don't have sex as often. We use condoms and I don't mind them, but I asked him last night why he doesn't want to have sex with me anymore. He answered "because you're not on the pill and it doesn't feel as good." I was kinda mad, but he then went to explain that he cums too fast with a condom and supposedly doesnt feel as good for me. Which i disagree. It feels good either way. anyway, how can a man get more pleasure from having a condom than not? I always thought it was the opposite.

• You could go down on him in addition to sex. As long as he is free of any STD's, you can give him oral without a condom and it will likely feel very good for him and bring him to orgasm.

Comment

• But he says he cums too quickly with a condom. Just sounds strange to me is all. I can't help it right now. At least not until I find an alternative birth control.

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzardb63 View Post
        I always thought it was the opposite.
        It should be the opposite. A condom offers less sensation and therefore less pleasure.

Put on a glove and put a finger in your mouth. Notice how different it feels compared to sucking on a finger without a glove?

Comment

• Can you find other sexual things to do that he likes?

Comment

• Your boyfriend's explanation contradicts itself. Condoms don't feel as good yet make him cum faster? I think he's lying about one of those two.

Why don't you consider a FemCap or Lea's Shield. I've read up a lot on them and they seem to be a good investment ESPECIALLY coupled with keeping track of your cycles by measuring your BBT. You're only fertile for a few days a month, so if you can figure out when those days are, you won't need to use condoms any of the other days.

Comment

• I'd rather be safe than sorry I guess. I am considering the Paragard IUD, but I am between jobs and would like to wait until I save up enough money, but just because it isn't the ideal sex for him, doesn't mean I should be able to have sex either. He's been working long hours lately and he usually turns me down because he is tired and has to get up pretty early. Makes sense, but when it happens a few times a week it makes a person think if they desire you anymore. Or perhaps I am being paranoid.

Comment

• Amen it does make you wonder. But maybe it is the long hours, that takes alot out of aperson and stress's them out too.
                And he doesnt make since on the condom issue. I dont how he could come faster with one. Even my husband who doesnt last long, couldnt come quick with a condom. Lol maybe i should make him start wearing one again LOL. I would definately find some other form of birth control, not just for you but also to see if what he tells you is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzardb63 View Post
                  But he says he cums too quickly with a condom. Just sounds strange to me is all. I can't help it right now. At least not until I find an alternative birth control.
                  I should jump in and explain. This ends with good news, if I'm right.

To put it bluntly.. He's having sex with the condom. The condom is too loose/too wet on the inside. The reason that he's getting too aroused is that the condom is too loose and rubbing him (especially on the head). Try a smaller/thinner brand. I'm not the type to buy the "Large" condoms and I can see how, for some men, this may be a sensitive subject. Maybe you could buy a variety of brands...

Just my 2cents, hope this helps (and I hope I'm right ---> Easy Fix )

G2G
                  One's own truth is so simple, most people ignore it to concentrate on what they feel is a "Deeper" truth.

Comment

• That makes a lot of sense actually. He wears XL size condoms. Maybe we should switch to just Large size.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
                    • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
                    • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
                    • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X