Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touching Nipples Makes Me Feel Depressed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching Nipples Makes Me Feel Depressed

Hi everyone

This is a very strange topic, but whenever my partner or myself touch my nipples, a wave of depression comes over me. I feel like I want to be sick, or worse. I've looked all over the net and have so far not found any answers to this strange feeling. I know other people who suffer from it too. If anyone can relate to this or knows any answers, please post a reply.

• I'm so glad you posted this. I have never heard of anyone else having this but I do too!

I just got my BA in psychology and I remember reading once that we can store up emotions in our bodies - especially in our sex/reproduction regions (not sure why)

anyway...these places arent touched often (like hands and faces) so when they are these emotions are released. Weird I know, but just something I thought I would share with you.

I haven't told my doc about this but her reasoning for my painful muscle spasms in my breasts was that I am storing up stress there (just like a twich of your eye or lip) crazy huh?

All I can say is try not to dwell on it. Try to re-train your body to think positive things when your nipples are touched. Your brain will remember how you feel when they are being aroused (Just like it remembers certain smells that correspond with emotions) You need to replace those negative thoughts with happy ones

Lemme know if you find out anything else

Comment

• Hey KD22! Thank you SO much for responding! It makes me feel so much better that I can talk to someone who experiences the same thing. I think that the theory of storing up certain emotions in parts of your body is a very accurate one! Although I have had a pretty much normal, straight-forward home and family life, the whole of my mother's side suffers from depression and I've also inherited this - it must be relative to my problem in some way...
      Thank you so much for your advice...it's so so much appreciated!

katiekins

Comment

• Nipple stimulation releases high levels of a mood affecting hormone call Oxytocin, which is also referred to as the 'cuddle hormone'. It's a hormone so powerful that is it released immediately....which is not a very pleasant thing for those already suffering hormonal imbalances such as depression, bi-polar disorder and such. Even if you are not a person diagnosed with depression, there are times when all of us experience times when our seratonin levels are off, such as a stressful event or times of sadness, etc....even a bad day or PMS can throw us off kilter.
        The sudden rush of this Oxytocin causes somewhat of a stimulation overhaul which sends our seratonin receptors haywire trying to straighten themselves out, thus creating those sudden feelings of depression, and even feelings of dread when some womens nipples are touched.
        To avoid this problem, try to have your nipples stimulated only during times when you are as stress free and calm as you can be, and midway through foreplay and intercourse when the sex hormones are in charge and everything else going on in the world is almost non-existent for the time being.

Comment

• This thread is over two years old. Please respond to more current threads.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

Yesterday, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
          • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
          • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
            could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
          • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
          • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
          Working...
          X