Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venting... Can someone relate?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting... Can someone relate?

It doesn't matter now, but I just found out I was pregnant again and we've been using BC. Ronnie doesn't even really finish inside of me much, but still I've been on the pill and I take it at 8:30 every night.
    I'm wondering if it was maybe the first week or two I was back on it. Maybe it wasn't in my system fully yet?
    I feel like we're going to look irresponsible but we did what we were suppose to.
    Anyone run into a similar situation?

• That's possible Cape, that it wasn't at full potency.

I wouldn't care too much what others may think about it, or what harsh judgements they may form. You're a loving, responsible couple and although the timing may not be what you'd planned, you have no reason to feel anything negative!
    Congratulations! How did Ron take the news?

Comment

• Well we're married so it's not like it's out of "wedlock", not that that's a huge factor nowadays... And someone had said once the kids are in school it'll be good for them because Jack was born in February... I know in the end it'll be okay because we were going to try again within the year, but I'm so not ready to be pregnant right this second.
      Ronnie thought I was kidding at first, but he actually took it better than I thought. He's usually the more rational thinker between the two of us in terms of budget and having a set plan so it was nice that he was more comforting and was all about the bright side of things, even more than I have been.
      I'm still stressed though... but trying to process it. I will be happy be he/she arrives.

Comment

• I'm happy to hear that things are working out.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• It will be exceptionally cool to have a sibling just a grade ahead I have 4 siblings, closest in age is 6 yrs older, so we all were never close.

I think once you get used to the idea, you'll be thrilled and looking fwd to this as much as you were with Jack!
          We all will be here for venting when you need it.

Comment

• Congratulations!! It doesn't matter if it's now or in a year, it will bring new light to your house.

Comment

• 1/2 of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned. Look around at those happy couples with children, 1/2 of them were accidental pregnancies. So you are doing very averagely

I know it seems overwhelming right now, but in the long run, it's actually better. I hate that I have to hire a babysitter when one kid is old enough to be home along but the other isn't. They can play together, will most likely go through the same phase together or close enough that you know how to handle it. Everybody I know who have kids close together say it is difficult in the beginning, but easier later on and like it a lot better.
              Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Thanks... Yeah I am more positive about it all now... At first I was really anxiously thinking about it but we were planning on having at least 1 more anyway so... And from my short motherhood experiences thus far with Jack it's easily the best thing that's ever happened to me and to us...

Comment

• Well Cape you know being pregnant.This can cause you to be stress along with your hormones kinda out of wack as well. With Donna her mother had 6 kids in 9 years. So let's just say her mother was awful busy raising kids while the father was out to sea in the coast guard a lot.So you can see her dad was needing sex when he was back in port lol. It's good that Ron is on board along with having another child so soon. Just don't forget that no birth control is 100% guarantee not get pregnant as you know now with proof you still can. But again congrats to you and Ron on the wonderful news of another brother or sister for Jack....
                  When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Thank you Motorguy. Yeah life is funny but in this case it is in a good way

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X