Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're both insomniacs, and we don't live together, so often the timing of our adventures has tossed a wrench in our plans for the day/night.

What's your mood after a satisfying sex session?

• It really depends on when it occurs during the day/night.

We’re on different sleep schedules (kind of — he goes to bed a lot earlier than I do) so he’s usually the one to go to sleep, while I grab a snack and settle in for some quiet TV time to unwind before I go to bed, myself.

Other times, because I work late into the evening on occasion, we’ll hit it before he goes to bed, and then I go back to work for a bit before I wrap it up for the night.

If it’s a midday thing (which is rare because the kids are home/milling about), then we’re usually ready to go find some food or do something else related to the course of the day afterward. “Let’s go to the grocery store” is not super romantic, but we’ve been married almost 20 years so…we just kinda fall into that “OK let’s go do something else now” routine. LOL!

Comment

• Interesting Alison!
      I can usually push through that relaxed feeling and go do whatever, but my man is energized...for hours. He has been awake all night after sex, which makes me feel bad, so I urge early day, or early-evening sessions if possible, so his sleep isn't so impacted. I've never really been with anyone like that, and apparently it is atypical.
      Sounds like your husband is also somewhat energized-or can be-afterward?

Comment

• He can be energized, unless it's night time. Then, he's asleep in like 30 seconds. (Seriously, how do men fall asleep that fast??? Even without sex, he's out like a light in an instant.)

I can understand why you'd prefer early day or earlier sessions in the evening if he's energized enough to stay up all night afterward! I think it is atypical (although probably normal for him); no one I have ever been with has been that way, that I can remember – some were night owls naturally, but it didn't seem to be impacted by sex, they just liked to stay up late.

I wonder if it's the hormonal/endorphin rush that keeps him awake like that?

Comment

• I have never known a man to have this sort of response either, and I am guessing it's the hormones.
          He's a high energy person typically anyway, so maybe that's really all it is.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Body hair removal

I bought this https://amzn.to/3ksMqDc
            to see if I could do my eyebrows at home and this seemed like an easy option without having to buy other products....

Today, 08:41 AM By kalya25
          • Reply to How to ask for what I need?

do not even ask him about nothing and do not give him too much cuz believe me one day he will leave you this is the truth just give him everything he...

Today, 08:35 AM By kalya25
          • Reply to Have You Ever Heard Of (Or Tried) Nipple Banding?

I enjoyed your article!
            Is it generally more enjoyable for men or women? Or is it completely dependent on the person and their general level of...

Today, 05:20 AM By atskitty2

Waxing is the way to go if you want a fur-free effect that lasts for three to six weeks. Waxing may sound complicated or messy, especially for thicker...

10-22-2020, 09:48 AM By kalya25

I also want to know....

10-21-2020, 08:00 AM By alicemia

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X