Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Wife & Orgasm

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife & Orgasm

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing some lurking and reading up on some previous posts, but have not found a definitive answer.

Anyway, my wife (20+ years) and I have a very good relationship and have regular sex (~2x per week). The sex is almost always passionate, fun, hot, good foreplay etc. We have a great time together. A while back as a result of some girl talk with her friends, she told me she does not "finish." She reassured me that it was not me and that she is totally satisfied with out sex life. But, it is not like she just lays there and is not into it (great sex faces BTW). And... I often notice that as she seems to ramp up with her moans, facial expressions, bucking, etc. that I can feel her contract around me. At times this is what will finish me! Is she having and orgasm, but just does not consider it to be an orgasm?

Interested in your takes?

Thanks!

• Not all orgasms are created equal. It’s possible that, without knowing it, she’s having smaller, less intense orgasms that don’t feel like actually ‘finishing.’ Myself, there are low level cultural orgasms that are pleasurable, but don’t feel intense enough for me to feel completely satisfied. But after a well-placed O with g-spot emphasis, I’m done for the evening.

So yes, it’s possible that she is climaxing to some degree. Keep in mind too that most women don’t achieve orgasms through intercourse alone—fewer than 30% do so regularly.

Comment

• Thanks LF. I've tried over the years to introduce Oral (not into it) and toys (only mildly interested) to no avail She is seemingly happy with our sex life, so I am not going to obsess over it.

Comment

• There are only two ways that I knowingly have got lovers to finish through my actions: finger play and oral. Finger play has to be done very carefully so as to apply just the right amount of stimulation. The tongue cannot apply as much pressure, is softer and is slippery from moisture so that probably helps. What finger play has going for it is that you can have a sensous kiss at the same time a finger or two are providing stimulation which can enhance the overall situation. It can also occur while having intercourse.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• how long does your sex last ? You must understand that orgasm takes a long time its not something that happens quickly. 20 minutes ? no. it takes hours to get a women to orgasm. the problem is people want it quickly without effort but it takes hours to achieve it. there is much i don't know about orgasm. Foreplay is the most important thing. if you don't do enough or don't do it right you she wont keep climbing till she has an orgasm. as a guy you just gotta be patient. you cant speed it up. it takes as long as it takes. affective stimulus is vital. you gotta know if its working or not working. if for example rub her too hard its going to cause friction. that friction becomes painful then you are going in the wrong direction. Most people fail because they don't do enough foreplay. Foreplay to me is caressing her body for hours. if your hands are rough it aint gonna work. your fingers need to be soft and smooth. my advice is try it on yourself. caress yourself and study the feed back loop. the biggest mistake is that people think that the clit is the thing that gets a women off this is partly true but its only about 10%. grinding that clitoris for long times is eventually going to hurt. Pain kills orgasm quickly.

the friction that your hands create above her skin over her entire body is one huge erroneous zone is very important if your hands are rough and the pressure is too much it wont work. Don't spend too much time on the clit. the gspot is nonsense. it just doesn't work from what I know.

Women like massages like we all do.

caressing done correctly requires very very light pressure and in fact its not pressure at all. your hands just glide over her skin she can barely feel it.

her entire body is one huge erogenous zone. every inch of skin needs the caresses. gentle, slow, patient. You need to keep doing it until she starts to sweat. the sweat isn't really sweat. the body produces some weird secretion. first you will notice the sweat above her top lip. then her entire body after hours. eventually her and your own body is drenched in sweat. not just her vagina. only she will know when she is ready. when she is ready then enter her but not before. by this time your nuts are going to be aching in pain. (blue balls). at the threshold of her orgasm you enter her. see this is how its done. you get her aroused first. then enter. Understand shes going to want it badly because you are teasing her. its this continuous foreplay that's gets her wet. when you can skim that water off her back you know you are close to it. good luck try it tonight keep trying and trying. if it does not work then don't keep doing what your doing. though trial and error you will learn you just need to persist. dont give up. nothing comes easy. (no pun intended)

Comment

• I have a question for you, why do you discuss your wife's orgasm not with her, but with other women you don't know at all online. Talk to her, find out all the details and subtleties, find an approach and that will be the best thing you do for her!!!

Comment

• Hi Pippa - What makes you think I have not discussed with my wife? I posted here just to get additional insight from others as well.

Thanks

Comment

• Honestly, Pippa, not all women can say definitively what they like or what exactly isn't working for them. They just don't know their bodies or responses well enough, or they get hung up on thinking they "aren't normal" and that takes center stage over pleasure or connection.

I think it's commendable that someone is seeking out opinions from other women, especially when the topic is potentially embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wednesday L.F. View Post
                  Honestly, Pippa, not all women can say definitively what they like or what exactly isn't working for them. They just don't know their bodies or responses well enough, or they get hung up on thinking they "aren't normal" and that takes center stage over pleasure or connection.

I think it's commendable that someone is seeking out opinions from other women, especially when the topic is potentially embarrassing.
                  I like this response because it seems to be what happens at least some of the time. Sometimes an epiphany happens after a long struggle.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Yep, sometimes we just don't know what we don't know. It's good to seek out the experience of others and that's what we're here for!

Comment

• As stated by jns , i've never brought a woman to climax with my penis alone. You could last for hours and still miss it IMO. I too would go with fingers and oral or toys.
                      That being said, i've had a partner who only had small orgasms but our relationship ended before we could figure out if that was her body's way of showing it or if she just needed more.
                      A tip though, after an orgasm, touching your woman should become too "powerful" for her and she'd most likely want to rest a bit. Is this happening?

Comment

• What works for one woman, might not work for another. We are not the same and neither are our orgasms. The responder that said it takes hours, that’s not true either. Orgasm had always come very easily for me. As a matter of fact, too easily at times (like a 17 year old boy) ?. However, all that changed with my hysterectomy in June of 2019 at age 51. Now, I can’t orgasm without a vibrator. Don’t be too hard on your wife, believe it or not, we women struggle with feeling inadequate or defective at times too. We want to get there and we are turned on, sometimes there just seems to be a disconnect between brain and body. And if she’s older, menopausal hormones are a problem too.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

Yesterday, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
                        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

Yesterday, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords
                        • Reply to Full body sensual massage

The situation sounds and looks crazy. Of course, it is not clear to me in principle how you can date a girl, realizing that she is rubbing her body against...

10-14-2021, 02:04 PM By Jelyamorw
                        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

From what I have read, it is true. A lot of people are blowing the risks associated with Covid-19 vaccines way out of proportion, IMO....

10-13-2021, 09:07 AM By jns
                        • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
                        • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
                        • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
                        • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
                        • Planning vs Sleep for Sexy Times

After 15 years or so on the same schedule, my husband's work schedule has changed. I don't like it.
                          We have had to become much less spontaneous...

09-28-2021, 01:35 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                        Working...
                        X