Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sexual Repression in Women

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Repression in Women

Hi all, I am curious as to whether this is an issue that affects more women than people realise as it is not something widely talked about? I would be interested in hearing if there are others out there who feel they may be sexually repressed due to any number of issues - this could be a childhood trauma, religious reasons, cultural reasons etc

• Oh my goodness, yes.
    Abuse and trauma, religious extremism, lack of sexual knowledge, insecurity, body image issues, and a whole lot of other factors can keep women (and men too) reticent to have or enjoy sex.

The good news is that it’s possible to overcome it. It might even be easier than you think.
    And you’re right—this is something we should all talk about more.

Comment

• I am actually writing a book on this and currently in the research stage. Would love to hear from others regarding their stories and experience if anyone is interested - completely confidential of course.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to My Wife & Orgasm

If you're looking for more discussions or tips on sexual health and pleasure, you might find some helpful articles on a site like https://periuod.com...

Yesterday, 05:18 PM By Dakotas66s
      • Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
      • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
        2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
      • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
      • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X