I had essure done in July. I could not have laproscopy due to adhesions from surgery when I was a baby. Everythign I have read says that most women had blocked tubes after 3 mos and 100% after 6 months (unless the coils were misplaced or fell out).
Well my coils were placed fine but after 6 months & 2 HSG's I am still having a small amount of dye leaking. This means it didn't work. I cannot find any info about other women where this has happened. Is there any one else who had Essure, coils were placed properly, but still do not have blockage after 6 mos?
I am so disgusted. 3 years ago I had 2 miscarriages, learned I have a chromosomal anomaly, spent 20K on 2 IVF tries that didn't work. We decide to give up, donate our babies (embryos) to research hoping it will help someone else, and get sterilized.
Well you know what they say "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." I can't have kids but I can't NOT have kids. If I get pregnant now there's a high risk of ectopic because of the coils and even if it would attach, there's a good chance of miscarriage or having a baby with trisomy 13 (which means certain death shortly after birth).
Thanks for letting me vent. Does anyone have any info on Essure not blocking the tubes?
I was scheduled to have Essure surgery about a year and a half ago and cancelled the day before because I felt that there just wasn't enough info about what is done if the implants have to be removed. The Essure website is sponsored by Essure so, of course, they only post what makes them look good. There are no testimonials from women who've had problems. I've been following a thread on another forum on the topic of Essure. I don't think I can post a link, but you can try a Google search under 'Essure ?'. You should see it on the first page that comes up. Maybe there'll be something of interest to you. I'm sorry about what you've been through and that I don't have any experience to share, but I hope that you'll find the answers that you're looking for.
teacher40 I was wondering why if you got pregnant the baby would or could have trisomy 13? I had essure done in Oct. and now I am pregnant and worried that I wont have a healthy baby. The baby is attached to my uterus. My doc. told me that he thinks that the coil fell out of one of my tubes. He can not tell me where the coil is located at this time. It is most likley still in my uterus. I am very concerned and cant find much info about my situation on the web.
Yes, I was given a birth control shot. but it wore off. I was scheduled for a dye test but when I got there they told me that they would have to reschedul because the test could only be done the week after my period or it could cause indemetreouses. he told me to call on the lastday omy next period. I never went and got another shot. I never started my period and here I am.
The cause of trisomy 13 is unknown. Unless you have a genetic issue related to translocation of genetic material there is no way to determine that you or any mother with any issue can have a trisomy 13 baby. Perhaps there is cause to worry but not about trisomy 13.
Just wanted to share my Essure nightmare with you. I am 27 yrs old, I am the mother of 2 girls 8yrs and 3yrs. My husband and I decided that we didn't want to have anymore children so I elected to have the essure procedure performed. My procedure went fine, no complications, but I noticed that I could "feel" the inserts inside my body. It was an uncomfortable feeling kinda like a splinter in your finger. YUCK! So about 6 months later I developed extreme ab pain. I went to my doc told him what was going on. He examined me and I almost came off of the table and punched him. So then he sent me for an unltrasound. That revelied that my fallopian tubes we swollen. So I am waiting to have sugery on tuesday. I am in extream pain, so severe that it took me to the emergency room last night. The doc on call for my doc basiclly told me to go home and deal with the pain. JERK! I am requesting a culture of the infected area and I want anything that they take out of my body. I am very upset over this. I know they will remove my tubes on Tuesday, but they may have to take out my uterus also. I don't think that there is enough research on this Essure to deam it safe.
I had the same thing happen. My procedure was in June 2006. I have heard of one other case in Australia, around the same time as mine. So I don't think this happens a lot, but is apparently more common than Essure would like us to think. I, too, read all of the information available before making my decision and believed the "100% occlusion at 6 months" claim. I'm wondering if maybe there was a bad batch of inserts produced that just aren't stimulating the scar tissue like they're supposed to.
In my case, occlusion only failed in one tube. My doctor contacted the company and the response was, "Hmmm. That's weird. Try another HSG in a few months and see what happens." I don't know about you, but two was enough for me
One of the doctors on the Essure board of physicians practices in my area, so I saw her to see if she had any further input. I don't know if she has any ties to the company... but she told me that she thought that the implant had poked through the tube and was partially on the outside, in my abdomen - but that it was "nothing to worry about" and I didn't need to be concerned or try to have it removed. She suggested that I just remain on the pill or that I could get a second implant on that side - just ram it in there along with the first. Since my initial gynecologist and the two different doctors that performed the HSGs did not determine that the implant was out of place, I find that explanation hard to believe - although I guess anything is possible.
At that point, I didn't want to wait any longer and wasn't willing to risk pregnancy, so follwed up with a surgical tubal ligation a few months later.
I know how frustrating this is for you, feeling like you're in this limbo - but must be compounded by the fact that you can't get a surgical TL to "finish the job".
Have you had another HSG since the 6-month follow up to see if maybe more time did/would help in your case? Is it maybe an option for your husband to have a vasectomy so you can have some closure to the whole ordeal?