Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "L" word

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "L" word

So guys, do you find it easier to say "I love you" to your special one when you are in the act of having sex/making love?

• I don't really know if this is directed to the men on the forum or not lol, but i will answer it any way i know with my husband and I that when we make love, we rarely say i love you, it just seems to be an understood communication for us especially when we look deeply into each others eyes, now when we are celebrating our anniversary or something special then it seems to be said a little bit more often but during love making its very rare.
    Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes and then that way if they get angry they will be a mile away and barefoot

Comment

• i can not say unless i feel it to be true.
      i would be lying to myself and the other person.
      when i am with someone i love, i can say at anytime, sex or not.
      it matters to me that the person i can say "i love to" knows what i feel.
      i do not a reason to say it other than i want to.
      sometimes i will say it while making love, but not to say it i do many things and she knows it to be true and not just for that moment.

if i have no feelings for someone, or not the ones i seek, those words do not get spoken at all.

Comment

• Never loved anyone, never said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouswhitefemale View Post
          Never loved anyone, never said it.
          Cold...

Mother? Father? Brother? Yes you have. In sexual circumstances, you have had one partner you really cared about , so be it that you didn't say those words.

Love is a strong word and Anon you have felt it in your life and will say it to a woman.

I'm just picking up on "never loved anyone", yes you have and do.

English? BOLLOCKS
          CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I love my family, I've even loved a cat... But I have never been in love with someone.

Comment

• Well loving and being in love are different, some people don't know the difference. I love the man in my life, but am not in love. May not ever experience that. But you do have to be open to the possiblity of being hurt in order to be open to the heights love can bring you to.

Comment

• Despite positively loving my boyfriend I'm still a bit awkward about saying it. Dunno why. I say it fairly often but I always feel shy about it.

I'm not a big fan of saying it during sex, but that might be because I don't really want to focus enough to formulate words during sex, much less something that's supposed to carry so much meaning. I kinda feel like it interrupts the flow, particularly because it's a statement that generally has to be reciprocated. Like, there's no response needed to "oh yeah that's good" or "f**ck me" but saying "I love you" requires the other person to consciously respond. Too much effort, lol.
                Well some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I can not disagree. But I never learned nothing from playing it safe; I say fate should not tempt me. I take my chances.

Comment

• Maybe they say it because that is what they think you want to hear at that time. I don't really know. The only one that has ever said that to me during sex was in love with me and he said it all the time anyway, so it never felt weird. I don't recall him making a habit of saying it during sex though.

If the only time you heard it was during sex then maybe there is an issue. I know that saying I love you for the first time is nerve racking and I would imagine harder for some people to get the words out more than others. But once you have said it for the first time, seems like it should be a cake walk after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWB_pof View Post
                    i can not say unless i feel it to be true.
                    i would be lying to myself and the other person.
                    when i am with someone i love, i can say at anytime, sex or not.
                    it matters to me that the person i can say "i love to" knows what i feel.
                    i do not a reason to say it other than i want to.
                    sometimes i will say it while making love, but not to say it i do many things and she knows it to be true and not just for that moment.

if i have no feelings for someone, or not the ones i seek, those words do not get spoken at all.
                    That sounds nice. Is that you on that "pic" or someone else.
                    Nice picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouswhitefemale View Post
                      Never loved anyone, never said it.
                      I find that odd. Did you do that on purpose to protect your heart?
                      Do you want to ever love someone?

Comment

• [quote=withered_rose;55906]I don't really know if this is directed to the men on the forum or not lol,

I was particularly directing it at the men because most men don't like to or have trouble expressing their feelings. Anyone with an opinion can respond though.

Comment

• In my experience, men have had a hard time expressing their good feelings. But don't seem to have a problem expressing their bad feelings.

Comment

• I'd quite like to be in love with someone, it just hasn't ever happened.

I'm a bit too cynical perhaps.

Comment

• in addition to "love" or loving someone, there's more than one "in love" or "falling in love". The best way to describe it was something said on Frazier (remember that show?). He said, "you don't just love your children, you fall in love with them!" I think you can fall in love with someone without the romance or sex, but it's a very tough place to be at and can go awry real easily.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X