Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why I want to be single forever :c(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, I'm not sorry.
    I actually feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. He finally called me last night after he sent that email. And he said that he still wanted to date but he's so sorry for rushing things.
    I'm 24 now, but he knew that I hadn't had sex since I was 18 with my first boyfriend. After I got screwed by him, I didn't want to have sex with anyone unless I thought they were special. And in those 6 years, I met lots of great guys but no one I really wanted to share with. But then I met this last one and I thought for sure he was different, and I didn't think I was naive. Did I learn my lesson or what?! lol But he did say he feels like an for it. Which technically he isn't, because it takes two to tango, and I didn't have to sleep with him.
    So he said he still wanted to date, but he wanted to take things slower. I told him whenever he wants to go out just call me. But I also told him that I wasn't going to sit at home like a dummy waiting for his call every night.
    I adore him. We started off as friends and it escalated, even if we don't work out as a couple, we're gonna stay friends because we get along so well.
    I mean clearly he's going through some problems, and I'm not going to be a jerk and cause more for him, ya know?
    I'd be lying if I said that it didn't hurt. I finally gave my heart to someone and it was handed right back to me. But I'm kind of over it and I just want us to stay friends. And we're going to the auto show on Sunday :c)

Comment

• Sorry, I forgot bad words were automatically deleted! He said he feels like an a-hole. haha

Originally posted by Toni View Post
      But he did say he feels like an for it.

Comment

• are you really not sorry?

going from really close friends to something more romantic isnt the easiest thing to do. It's hard to tell a friend that you "love " her, especially if you do have more feelings than just being friends. He may be very legitimately worried about losing you as a friend, and as something more.

Not knowing exactly what your relationship has been, exactly what was said word for word and how things really happened, I can only take a guess based on what you've written here. But, ...

and this is coming from someone who took over 13 months to tell a friend that he had feelings for her, because she meant an awful lot to him and he didnt want to risk losing her as a friend, maybe you need to think twice before thinking he handed your heart back to you. He may be trying to protect it more than you know.

Comment

• No1 has a good point, it is obviously firstly, he values your friendship, takes a real person to reply instead of leaving you wondering.

I assume, that he also knows you he was your first sexual encounter for many years and that you were somewhat smitten with the whole situation of "next level" from friendship.

Taking your time with it is a sensible thing to do... It allows it to grow naturally, instead of full on, with expectations... He may very well have felt a tad, lost knowing that you hadn't had sex for all those years as well, not knowing how to show you and be with you as to his reasons for not being able to do so.

He may also want time to "develop" to that level and still saw much of that great friend that he had, as to the reason.

It's the best way for you two, just take it back a bit, slowly and grow with it, which ever way it goes, it will go.

Good luck

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Wow...well I'm glad that you guys are able to be civil about it and you didn't turn into some ex-psycho girl. I know it must be hard and really frustrating that you gave your heart, just for him to "give it back" - like you said. But at least it's not the end for you two. I'm like you in a way...I'm a very strong, independent woman that doesn't just give myself to anybody. I'm very careful (maybe too careful) when I enter a new relationship, so I've always been the type of person to take things REAL slow when I start liking someone.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
              "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
            • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
            Working...
            X