Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hints?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints?

Hey all...I havent written on here for my own purposes for a while....but I need some advice.

I went on a marvelous date. We went snowboarding, and had a LOT of fun.

We get along GREAT...I've become completely infatuated with him!!!
    He gives me this amazing feeling! I had a "Perma-Smile" plastered to my face all day, and could only think about talking to him again...I even drew a little heart on my hand...HAHAHA, It feels like Im back in highschool or something....

but, how can I tell if he likes me back? because, we will talk for HOURS one day, and the next? nadda....
    Im usually pertty good at reading the guys now...but this one? hard to crack....

hellllllp!!!!
    The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
    -PostSecret

• I have heard with dating, a man is attracted to the "mind" engaging in conversation because it's interesting.

You obviously got on well on the date, and I assume he "asked" you on a date, not mates doing something...

If he did, that was when? Snowboarding was what, on the weekend? Today is Tuesday... you talked for hours between then and then nada the next day?

See, a little information needed, because if you are saying only the last few days then you need to be patient and wait to see later in the week, if he asks you out again and in the meantime, let him approach you, to talk again before you jump on him haha.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• we went on the date...friday? Saturday? I dont remember...but it was just him and I.

aaaand then after that, we didnt talk for like...a day and a half, then BAM...we have this AMAZING conversation....and yes, the conversation got a BIT dirty....( you told me skip NO details, mum...you asked for it)....
      but seriously...this sucks...I HAVE NO PATIENCE...I wanna rattle his frame...?? LOL
      The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
      -PostSecret

Comment

• well that's where you are wrong.

1....... don't give in so early
        2...... let him make the move
        3...... it's only been a couple days
        4...... wait, wait, wait

5... your hormones can hold if you like him for him they can't if all you want is....

So what do you want?

CW

Comment

• ...grrrr...

ONE...he totally made the first move last night...hehehehehe
          TWO- I want him...he's...unexplainable. He was the reason WHY I had a perma-smile on my face today...even after I realized my sister stole my money, earrings, and shoes...
          He is...witty, charming, artistic, SUPER cute, smart, and likes a LOT of the things I do....

I dont want him to just...be another notch in my belt...I'd like him to be my belt...?!
          -PostSecret

Comment

• Sweet.

Then let him come to you.

For the first time at this early stage of your lovely live, hold your nickers.

Guys like to be confused, not sure, they don't want to think they have the prize rather want to know if they can get it, at that age...

And so, this time you can't give up, in, rather, let him see you, intelligent, inside and all the time knowing you are "hot property" am i selling houses?

Hot being unattainable, strong, don't give in to tom or harry..

See if you get all hot and heated and give in, then you weren't a conquest or you were, for the short term, he wants to see that you like him but are unsure as to whether he is good material...

Hold back, let him communicate if you like him and always make him feel that you like him but hey, you have other dates as well but he intreagues you...

I am off course not talking about when you are my age, cause you just be, but at yours?

He is either used to women throwing themselves being nieve, or coming on to all..

You say you like him, play the game.

He contacts you.

You suggest in your thoughts that you like him , but.....
            confuse him a tad and let him see your not easy cause your my daughter, hehe.

Seriously on the above... night.

CW

Comment

• I agree with CW. Play the game of hard to get. If he's so great, and if he likes you too, he'll be patient and work for you. Don't just throw yourself at him.

If you spent the day together on Friday or Saturday and then talked again on Sunday for hours....it's only Tuesday...let the man breath and tend to his life for a couple of days. Besides, you don't want him to get sick of you. Hang back and do your thing and let him come to you. You're treading the 'clingy' waters here Ace.

Comment

• lol hold your knickers CW , love it.

I think you shouldn't worry about the sporatic nature of time for conversations since you guys are new to dating each other. Its likely a time issue that will get better and better as he makes more room for you in his schedule - which isn't really to be immediatly expected after the first date.. but as you guys date more his consistancy will improve if he is feeling the same.

What an exciting time for you, all the butterflies just getting started. I am going on near a year with my bf and I still get them. I still beam from ear to ear most days that we're together, I still look over at him when he is sitting next to me and as feel infactuated as I did when we were first dating.

I agree with CW on this, let him get back to you. Once you have been dating for a while if he keeps up the sometimes on sometimes off way about him, you can ask him about it then but for now just have fun, don't read to much into things that likely don't mean a thing but that he's busy.
                Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• It's not so much being hard to get as being independant and not clingy. It's only been one date! Much to early to really tell. All you know right now is you enjoying being with him, talking with him and he gets your juices flowing. Those are all good starting points but do not a relationship make.

Guys don't think like girls. I was chatting with the young man (mid to late 20s) who was showing me how some of the weight equiptment in the gym worked and he commented that he had been a on great date a week and a half before and thought maybe it wasn't too soon, he should call her? He didn't want to be pushy. I laughingly told him she had probably given up on him in dispair. He said, yeah women seem to think you should call 10 mins after you leave! I said yep!

Comment

• GAH...This hard to get stuff is...well, HARD TO GET...its like..."give him hints, but dont"??

KNICKERS....must be an aussie thing..hehehe...xxx

Okay...so I shall play hard to get, and what if...after a week, he doesnt talk to me at allll????

...ungh...Im SOOOO much better at being a hermit....WHO took my rock that I used to hide under away...

MOM...GIVE IT BACK...I want my rock...please??? Just for a little bit...until im....30-ish??
                    -PostSecret

Comment

• Cut and Paste, Cut and Paste

WC
                      It's not so much being hard to get as being independant and not clingy
                      HD
                      don't read to much into things that likely don't mean a thing but that he's busy.
                      SP? Sourpuss
                      ....it's only Tuesday...let the man breath
                      Sourpuss
                      You're treading the 'clingy' waters here Ace.

Um, you

what if...after a week, he doesnt talk to me at allll????
                      You are allowed to show interest, I mean if you don't then obviously the other person, well thinks, your not interested in them...

But, read above, it's only Tuesday/Wednesday and you've already spoken to him, since.

If he doesn't contact you again, after a week, or even 2 weeks, then you hold your head up and as you have found, so shall you again.... move on.

People contact, and ask out and write, and talk cause they want to , to that person.

Let the man be a man.... and contact you next...

And, you know exactly what I mean about the nickers, haha, for now.

grrr.

pfttt.

CW

Comment

• i don't think you should play hard to get.. or play any games if thats not how you are is silly to become someone you are not - guys want the real you! Just... be... a more.. toned down version of yourself hehe. Let it be a volleyball match for a little while... you call him - let him call you next - then you call - then let him etc etc etc.. this shows your interest without seeming all fatal attractiony.

When a guy is interested he will call or make plans to see you so relax and keep telling yourself that. If you have called and left a message or something.. he got it.. and if he hasnt called you back (speaking in general now, not about your specific case) he either can't or doesn't want to. If he can't.. is busy etc. but wants to and is thinking he will call when things settle down - and you KEEP calling and saying lets do something lets do something.. it can feel pressuring and possibly turn them off.. and if they just don't want to call back.. calling over and over isn't going to change that.

When I first started dating my bf, Oh acer did I go through this I had such an instant crush on him - couldn't get him out of my head and wanted to see him all the time. If I'd innitiate a date, a call, a text, email or some kind of meet up and he didn't respond - I had to to sit on my hands and duct tape my mouth shut (almost literally lol) to not call again - I forced myself to just wait and let him make the next move - I'd already shown my interest now was his turn.

In my head I would think oh just call ... you want to see him don't you? call.. maybe you can!!! But then I had to remind myself it can't all be about me and how much I want to see him... he has to want to as well! And since I already said I wanted to do something... or called or made some kind of contact - he should have no doubt that I am interested and will get back to me if he feels the same way. Thank GOD he did and I just continued with the fair exchange volley now we have been together so long I just call and see him whenever I want and he does the same - takes time to get to the point you can do that though..

so just give yourself time sweetie!! Let him get in touch with you and busy your brain with other things!! But don't don't compromise who you are and subscribe to some silly notion of 'rules' or any of that rubbish.. The volley thing isn't really a rule its just an unsaid compromise / interest gauge.
                        Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• sounds like you are having a lot of fun girl, and remember sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination LOL!!

Comment

• ....did I ever tell you all JUST HOW MUCH I appreciate you?

seriously...without you all....my water would be soil, instead of murky....
                            -PostSecret

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHA....Im back in the game!!!
                              -PostSecret

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X