Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Hello,
    I started dating a woman a couple weeks back. She is gorgeous, great fun to be with and love her company. However, she has a 2 year old son. This is not the drama as I love kids. But at the moment we are only seeing eachother on the weekends during the day when the father has the kid or weekends during the night if she can get a baby sitter.
    I suggested grabbing some take out and a couple dvd's and just hanging out at her place so we can see eachother during the week and she doesn't need to worry about a baby sitter but she sort of blew it off and said she'd rather keep meeting up intown for the time being.
    I'm not interested in a part time relationship and while I'm only seeing her on the weekend, it is eating at my time to go out with my mates and go fishing and camping which is what Id normally be doing.
    I'm not sure if I am wasting my time with this girl, or she is just being over protective of her son which is why she doesn't want me over just yet.
    Not sure whether to hang around or bite the look for a woman who isn't tied down with a child.
    Any advice?

Thanks.

• Hi apparentlyso,

My opinion? It's only been two weeks, she has a two year old baby to consider and doesn't want that baby to get attached to a "daddy" figure unless she knows for sure that it will work between the pair of you, and the baby won't be affected. It's alot to consider and in my opinion she's being a great Mum.

Also, it's only been two weeks, she also probably got burnt I mean the baby is two years old and the father is not on the scene in "her" life, perhaps her sons but not hers, so she probably also wants to take her time, not jump into things, make sure that you two are falling in love.

Be patient.

It's not being over protective it's being protective of her heart, herself and her son..

Why do you want to jump so fast? You also need to be sure that this person develops "as it should slowly" into a relationship, not just date and say phew I am now in a relationship.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I agree with CW, no good parent, mother or father, is going to let someone they have just started seeing into their child's space that quickly.
      If you really want to see her and develop a relationship you will have to honor this and find some other ways to spend time with your mates.

Comment

• bumping

Comment

• I can't agree more with the advice that has been given. When you enter into a relationship with someone that has a child(ren) you have to be willing to handle things that is in the best interest of the child(ren) involved, if you aren't prepared to do that then perhaps you should date women that don't have children.

You can't even begin to imagine the damage it would do to a child to get attached to someone and have them disappear from their lives if things with the Mother don't work out. The Woman is being a wonderful Mom and protecting her son the way all Mother's should. If you aren't willing to taking those things into consderation then the Woman you are referring to then it's apparent that you aren't in it for the long haul or prepared to enter into a relationship with a woman that has a child. I realize that it's very early on in the relationship but this woman and her son are a package deal and if you aren't ready for all that it entails realizing that the sooner the better for all parties involved.

Comment

• Aparently so when people no longer reply Then they tend to agree with the posters that have written so how do you feel about that, what else can we offer to you?

Comment

• You're not dating a woman...you've had a couple of dates with the same woman....over a couple of weeks (weekends only).

Another way to look at it...You might be dating a "package deal" if it goes forward from just a couple of dates to something more.

Remember, you are second, her toddler is first, now and always. If you're not ready to accept that then move on before real emotions get involved.

I didn't introduce my children to my SO for almost ten weeks...and they were teenagers at the time.

Be patient.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Yesterday, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
              • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Yesterday, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
              • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
              • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X