Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best friends brother.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best friends brother.

I have been talking to my best friends brother since November last year, they went away for 6 weeks over the Christmas break. We were in contact every day through emails. It's only been the last month that we have starting seeing each other and hanging out just one on one. Everything seems to going really well between us.

Only hurdle now is how do I tell her? I don't want to ruin a friendship. I somewhat believe he should be the one to talk to her first but either way, what would be the best way to go about it?

• So you're definitely dating now? I don't have siblings so I can't really understand why a sister wouldn't want her friend to date her brother... Sounds like the perfect situation to me as everyone already knows and likes each other.

I think you could tell her yourself. I don't know how close the two of them are but some things are easier to talk about amongst friends, ya know?

Comment

• Indeed, I was thinking that! Yes we are dating. I would hope that she would be fine with it, I get along really well with the family. So I hope she would see that as a positive and not a negative!

Comment

• It's not like it's her ex-boyfriend that's when it's tricky, if she is your best friends brother then she would surely be over the moon, why not? You could get married one day and then she's your sister

One thing you have to consider is to discuss with her what happens if you two weren't to work out, you would still be best friends with her and you need him to understand that as well, and in conversation once the cat is out of the bag, make a brother / sister promise in that regard that you will always be welcome as a friend into the home, you both have to be mature about that side of it....

I am betting she has to be a little aware that you liked him, she is your best friend and best friends are aware of things and they don't hide secrets from each other either....

So now is the time to talk...
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I don't understand the intracasies(sp?) of females and the way they process information. But I would think that she would be overjoyed that her brother is dating her best friend, sounds like a perfect set up to me. I'm of the same notion as CW and others who posted. It should be a great thing!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
          • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X