Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Please

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

So it just may be me bring an overreacting girl but I would like
    Some opinions and advice on what to do next..

I met this guy online couple weeks ago. We exchanged emails
    For a solid week before we shared our numbers for texting and what
    Not... Last Friday we went for coffee and had a great time. We had
    A lot to chat about and found out we have a lot in common -he pointed
    It out. We hung out for a few hours. When I was leaving he gave
    Me a big hug and sd please let me know when your home. On my drive
    Home he mesg me to say I hope you made it safe and made small
    Chat.. We've been texting since than but he hasnt offered
    To hang out again or meet up in Any sorts? I'm leaving for Vacay tomorrow
    And will be gone till sun. He was to leave tomorrow for work but had to post
    Pone for a couple weeks. I know he's busy with work and all but if you like
    Someone don't you usually want to hang out?? Lol he texts me early in the am
    Usually and carries out small convos when he does.. So my next question is
    Should I forget about him and let it go or continue to text and chat him up? Is
    This normal or am I being insecure?? He has made effort to talk to me and last sat
    Was his bday and he lost his phone amongst his drunkenness but def emailed me in the
    Morning to say hey feel free to text me bc I lost my phone and don't have your number.. I take that as a sign of like?? Are guys normally this slow at getting things together??

Some input would greatly be appreciated

• let's see, it's been 5 days since you two hung out. In between he has been getting ready to leave for work. What are the details about that? Tomorrow you leave on vacation. It sounds like things have been busy. Maybe after Sunday things will work out easier.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Why don't you ask him you? You don't have to wait for the guy to always ask. Maybe he is saying the same thing on his end "why isn't this woman dropping any hints about wanting to see me?" The fact that he made a point of emailing you that he lost his phone is a good sign. He is really trying to stay in touch.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• What kind of work did he have to leave, but postpone for ?

Does he text you at night also ?
        If you text him at night, like after his work ,say 7-11 pm, does he text you back right away ?

Asking , because I want you to be sure he's not already in a Relationship or Married.

If you are planning on "hanging out " and maybe dating in the future, there really shouldn't be any time, other than Respecting sleep time and work time( yours or His ), that you shouldn't be able to contact each other.

I'd sit back a bit, maybe text a Hi once in awhile for a week or two and let him make the next move.

Comment

• I invited him out the first time for coffee I just figured
          He would invite me out the second time bc I made the
          First move?
          He has his own business and has some ppl coming into
          Town that hes gotta meet up - that's why he post poned.
          I don't think he's married, I was at his house the first night
          We grabbed coffee bc Starbucks closed early..
          Im back from my vacay now - I texted him earlier
          But haven't gotten a response? Maybe it's bc the super bowl
          Was on or hes no longer interested?

Comment

• Why not just ask him? Ask him if he's interested in seeing you again? That way you know where you stand. If you want to know, no sense in beating around the bush and wondering if this or if that.

If he doesn't respond to your text, maybe drop him another one in a day or two, if he doesn't respond to that, well then, you have your answer.

Comment

• I will def ask him when he gets back to me..
              If he does? I think sending him one text today is
              Enough.. I don't want to bombard him but at
              Same time a girl has got to know what's up..
              I guess now its just matter of time on how this
              Will workout or end..

Comment

• Update... He ended up getting back to me Sunday
                Night and we exchanged a few texts. Yesterday I
                Mesg'd him asking if he'd like to see eachother again
                And he sd for sure! It's will be next weekend bc
                He's going away this and has a busy work schedule -
                Which works out great bc I have a lot to do this week as well.
                Thanks for the advice ladies

Comment

• sine, best of luck on dating him. Hopefully everything will work out.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X