Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is dating so difficult! What problems do you consistently have?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is dating so difficult! What problems do you consistently have?

For me dating is very difficult, it's extremely difficult to understand what is going on inside guys heads! I was curious, if any of you have any stories you could share of difficulties you had in dating and even better what you did to overcome it?

On a side note:

I just want to mention that part of what I do is entrepreneurship, so I'm thinking as we figure this out, maybe we can keep a log of common questions and concerns and answers and maybe eventually put together something that other women will find useful to them in their dating endeavors so that they do not go through the same hardships. Why not, right? If we can solve two issues at once .

I'm also curious what issues would have to be addressed and in what manner for you to consider purchasing such a guide? I have to make sure I'll make money if I do it, right?

Anyways, I'm really here to get advice and hear stories, looking forward to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

• Well, all my relationships have been good, I never had problems since i'm pretty easy going and tend to look at all sides of arguments and so on... But i guess some things that i have some problems with are monotony and gealousy!
    You see, i love doing new things, planning stuff, and i know most guys do too; it's always fun to try new stuff, travel, visit interesting places around the city etc But i've found that after a while, men tend to get in this comfort zone where they end up assuming when you are going to see each other, and what are you going to do together etc and i find that really annoying to the point where i feel trapped! I know it sound dumb :P
    Another problem is gealousy and this macho-whyisthatguysonicetoyou thing and their need to be superior to your male friends! Also sometimes i find it very very annoying that men want to know all your girl friends and get all clinguy when you want to have an only girls day/night...
    So if you had any ideas on how to solve those and explain to your man in a way that he won't be hurt in his "ego" that we need space and girl time alone (without it meaning they mean less to us!) i'd for sure woulod buy that guide! Best of luck!!

Comment

• Btw you might want to read a book called "What the hell is he thinking? by Zoe Strimpel

Comment

• I find it really annoying when a guy takes me to an endless date and he just doesn't get that i'm not interested...
        Jealously and men's tendency to try to control everything that concerns their partner's life is the biggest pain in my opinion.

Comment

• scout, I'm not sure you want to know what is going on inside of a guy's head. Maybe it will be so strange to you, you won't be able to handle it. Same with guys trying to "figure out" women. Communications and compromise, not a user guide.

nadia, there are plenty of guys who are not jealous and not controlling. Give an example of what the guys do when they are around you including your actions before then. Also, your not interested in what? Where you two are at? Continuing the date? Hugging? Kissing? What?
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• bad story of mine. Having a man in front of me only interested only in sex when I was beginning to have feelings for him. I told him I wanted to have some dates at the restaurant. We went there and it was just a pain, I realise when it came to having a time together, it was just boring. So it was over, good decision, what do you think?
            I agree with NadiaM as well. Men have this tendency to want to have everything in control.

Comment

• dating is like a 24/7 job... i personally think that sometimes we(women) contribute to make relationships so difficult cause we can be very analytical over every little action and men don't like that at all and also the nagging and the jealousy and the insecurities. on the other hand, men want to control us and yet they are out there roaming the streets cause no matter how hard we try to please them, it just doesn't seem to ever be enough.. so to be able to keep the balance so that both parties are pleased, that seems to be the mystery

Comment

• At a certain stage, some guys really want to know who you're going out with, who you're texting, where you went last night... i feel most guys aren't able to deal with their insecurities and put the problem and their partner...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X