Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when i think i found him....

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when i think i found him....

I have recently reunited with a guy that i grew up with as friends, but after meeting a few times we started liking each other as more than friends. i really like him, he is so amazing and he makes me feel so speacial, at times he just lies next to me and looks at me just smiling and appreciating. we have fun when we are together and he just told me that he LOVES ME!! it was great to hear that from him. but now i asked him who he was living with and he tells me that he lives with THE MOTHER OF HIS SON!! it felt like my world came tumbling dowm... when i ask him about the entire situation he tells me that this woman is using the son as leverage and that she threatens to not let him see his son... he says that he will leave her and it won't be long before then.... would i be unreasonable if i ask for a timeline so that i don't sit around waiting for something that will never happen? i know these things happen and i somehow believe him, but there is still a part of me that is uneasy about this. i mean, they share a bed together and that on it's own sets off the alarms in my head. i just feel that i'm way in too deep now, i should have left him when he told me but i couldn't...
    what should i do?

• Hmm confront him and ask him what's his real plan about you and his wife... Is he willing to get divorced and stop living with her?
    Does he want to start a serious relationship with you?
    Anyway you shouldn't accept to be his plan B

Comment

• I think dating a man who is not yet separated from his wife is just too fraught with problems. I would not stay in this relationship if you are hoping for something long term.

Comment

• You are playing with fire with this situation. At this point in time, the man is NOT single - whether you have feelings for each other or not, you're the other woman. If he really wanted out of his relationship with his son's mother, he would have done so... he lets her hold custody over his head as it is a good excuse to stay (which is easy). He's infatuated with you (and you him, probably) because it's new and exciting and you don't have the same emotional baggage he has to deal with in his current relationship.

My advice is do not have anything further to do with this man until he calls you to tell you it's over with the woman he's with, and gives you his new home address (because he will have moved out). Anything less than that, and you're shorting yourself.

Comment

• well, he is not married... they are just living together. he says that he is going to leaving her and that i must be patient but we haven't been together for that long for someone to reach such a drastic decision.. but i guess since he's been trying to get out it would make sense. and i definitely don't want to be number 2 or the other woman... his situation is so confusing cause whenever he's not working he goes back home, and we are from the same area and he goes there alone.

Comment

• guys thank you so much, i have always known the answer, it's just that sometimes you hope that someone will tell you that it will be okay and he will be yours. but deep down i know that it won't happen and i know how men can be so persuasive. i guess i must end it with him, cause i can never be the other woman, i love attention too much to only have limited time with my man

Comment

• Good for you, and if what he is saying is true, he will leave his gf and mabye you guys can be together again. But, if I were you, I would not be with him until then. He should have told you about his situation before it became romantic. That was unfair to put you in that situation.
              “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” - William Arthur Ward

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X