Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just can't date

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't date

I feel incompetent.
    When I met my boyfriend, fiance, husband I almost have it all, just a few steps to get a house.
    But now i have nothing.
    I feel so devastated of myself and feel so ashamed.
    There are men proposing to date me but I feel ashamed to meet them because I have nothing.

Help me please because I feel that if I began to date and forget about my ex then I can become complete again and at the same time, I just can't push myself to dating without much going on with my life.

• ablaze,

Take some time to grieve your breakup and understand what happened. Rushing into dating before you've had a chance to do that has a high probability of disaster. Focus on your work, friends, family, school, life, etc. You will feel more confident and competent to handle a new relationship after that.

Good luck

Comment

• thanks for the reply.
      But isn't it time for me to move on?
      For my ex, it's been over 4 years ago.
      He keep me playing me since then, I think time to move on for me too and time to let someone love myself.
      I'm 26 now and I would like to be settled at 30yrs old, will not marry someone again for just meeting under a year, I want to marry someone that I know for at least 2 years don't you think.
      Still I feel that I'm grieving because I have this anxiety that covers my good day sometimes. I just wake up with PTSD symptoms thinking about my ex with another girl with kids, and I just want to cry, I want to move on and forgive myself and feel loved again, I supposed it's too much to ask.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X