Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me ex contacted me for a favor

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me ex contacted me for a favor

A couple of days ago out of the blue i get a text from my ex. Of course I played it off as though i didnt know who it was. He asked if i would give him a call, i told him no, that he could call me. He called me and said that he hates the fact that he is contacted me under these circumstances and was beating round the bush at first. I asked him firmly what he wanted and he said he needed a favor. He said that if there was anyone else he could asked, he would have but i was the only one. He said that he was in a really messed up situation. I said to him "what does that have to do with me?" and he said he deserves that. He said that he wuld like to explain everything to me, even if i dont help him he would like to still explain and that i could come down to his job and talk to his boss and find out how much he makes. I told him that i wouldn't help him at all but if he wanted to explain whatever it is, i would let him explain. Now in my mind i looked at it as a chance to finally get my closure. The hour that I was supposed to meet up with him, he texts me and says that i don't have to come to his job because he is backed up on deliveries. I told him that i would still like to know what was going on ( in my mind i was thinking about him explaining the google number text messages and death of his baby;s mother) Needless to say, he never responded back to me.

I was hurt all over again because i felt like i got robbed in getting the closure that i needed and i thought that he would be thrilled to see me. Am I wrong, or not seeing something? Was the whole thing another planned occurrence to play with me and spark a reaction? Please share

• Originally posted by rubyrage21 View Post
    He said that he was in a really messed up situation. I said to him "what does that have to do with me?" and he said he deserves that. He said that he wuld like to explain everything to me, even if i dont help him he would like to still explain and that i could come down to his job and talk to his boss and find out how much he makes.
    Why does he think it important that you need to know how much he makes? Unless --- he may have been going to ask you for money to help settle some debts, or to buy a car or pay his rent or something -- in that case you are were far better off not meeting him or speaking with him at all.
    You don't need closure - you've already gotten it. He'll call you when he needs something from you, no more and no less. He'll likely only be thrilled if you can do something for him. Why would he need to spark a reaction from you? Why would he try to rekindle any type of relationship? You mention the death of his baby's mother, has this happened?
    I think there is too many gaps in the story (things we don't know anything about) to provide you with much more of an answer.
    I'm sorry - he texted you, got you upset, thought better or decided he didn't need what he thought he needed from you, and so now he's cut the communication.
    Move on with your life and continue with your own growth. You can survive without him, - you're doing this already.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
      Why does he think it important that you need to know how much he makes? Unless --- he may have been going to ask you for money to help settle some debts, or to buy a car or pay his rent or something -- in that case you are were far better off not meeting him or speaking with him at all.
      You don't need closure - you've already gotten it. He'll call you when he needs something from you, no more and no less. He'll likely only be thrilled if you can do something for him. Why would he need to spark a reaction from you? Why would he try to rekindle any type of relationship? You mention the death of his baby's mother, has this happened?
      I think there is too many gaps in the story (things we don't know anything about) to provide you with much more of an answer.
      I'm sorry - he texted you, got you upset, thought better or decided he didn't need what he thought he needed from you, and so now he's cut the communication.
      Move on with your life and continue with your own growth. You can survive without him, - you're doing this already.
      Thank you for responding. I am so sorry for the confusion that I have caused you. I was writing as a continuation from my other posts that explains everything about the relationship up until its demise, and the drama i was dealing with after. It would mean alot to me if you read them.

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...ut-prison.html

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...rape-only.html

Its up to you though. But to answer your question about the death of the baby's mother, yes this has happened. I dont want him back under any circumstances I just didnt understand why he would come to me after all that he had done and wanted to know if he was toying with my emotions. My other posts explain his behavior which would give a better understanding to what i wrote above. Thank you again and should you respond again, thank you in advance

Comment

• I didn't read each and every post, but I did read the original posts that you had placed. My take on this - is to run, not walk away from anything to do with this person. He has shown you exactly who and what he is. He has told you exactly what he expects of you - NOTHING, so give him NOTHING in return. Block his voice mail, block his internet access to you, social media, e-mail and tell your friends to NOT tell him where you are or what you are doing. This guy is bad news and only contacts you because he wants you to cover his ***** in some way. Make certain you take care of yourself, not him.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
          I didn't read each and every post, but I did read the original posts that you had placed. My take on this - is to run, not walk away from anything to do with this person. He has shown you exactly who and what he is. He has told you exactly what he expects of you - NOTHING, so give him NOTHING in return. Block his voice mail, block his internet access to you, social media, e-mail and tell your friends to NOT tell him where you are or what you are doing. This guy is bad news and only contacts you because he wants you to cover his ***** in some way. Make certain you take care of yourself, not him.
          Thank you so much for reading and replying back to me. I am making certain to take care of myself and will take your advice to block everything that has to do with him. Thank you again.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X