Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP...Dating a Married Man for 3 years

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...Dating a Married Man for 3 years

Hi,

So, I met this guy when we were both living & working out of the country.

We hit it off great and i didn't find out that he was married until almost a year into the relationship.

I had previously asked him when we first met & he said no each time.

Close to the date he was set to move back to the States, he finally confessed that he was married after I questioned him again after finding his job documents with her information labeled under spouse. He stated that yes he was married, but they were separated & living in separate houses when he visited home.

He left & headed home & i stayed a little longer to complete my job. Finally knowing the truth, i didn't expect to hear from this man again. To my surprise he called every other day & we talked for hours.

Fast-forward...i move back to the states & he happens to now live in the same state as me. We begin spending more time together, in fact he spends more time with me & only goes home (which is out of state & about 3 hrs away) at the most one weekend out the month. Things continue to increase between us & unlike the other relationships I have read about we spend the holidays together, he meets my every demand & makes me feel on top of the world.

Fast-forward to now...it has been 3 years and he has moved in with me even though he works 1hr30 away & have to wake up at 3:45am. Everything was great until a few months ago, I started demanding information about his so called divorce & where this is going since it has been 3 years. He is still sticking to his story that they are separated & now as we speak supposedly speaking with lawyers about divorce settlements. Yet, when i asked for document proof he has only brought me an old settlement they had drawn up last year & was never filed. Mind you the wife has just contacted me via social media because she found the pictures of us online recently.

He claims he has told her we live together & they have agreed to proceed with the divorce because they are not happy together yet I'm starting to think that is not true. She has only asked me if I knew he was married which I didn't respond because I told him he needed to come clean about this whole situation with both of us.

Now she is going back & forth on social media like a teenager posting old high school pics of them and pics when he goes home to visit. Mind you she only does this the few times he goes home & never when he is back home with me.

This is driving me crazy because now my emotions are attached & I'm not sure who to believe. I have became so angry with him because I feel like he is taking advantage of me & it's difficult because we live together.
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 11-02-2013, 04:12 PM. Reason: paragraphing for readers

• He has taken advantage of you. What a loser. No wonder women are so afraid of us guys, if this is how guys usually act. I feel sorry for you because I know you have feelings for the man, but he's a jerk and I would recommend cutting off contact (I know it's not easy)
    Pigeonholer extraordinaire!

Comment

• You should get him out of your life. He is still married. He lied about it.
      Move on.

Comment

• He was dishonest with you about him being married. That is enough. Drop him and move on. He is a creep!
        { Wit beyond measure is a lady's greatest treasure }

Comment

• Not only that, it sounds like he's still lying. ("Divorce is in the works!" yeah right. ) I hope you purged the guy by now.
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Women are 'naive' because things are never as simple as they appear from the outside to third parties who don't know what's going on. And I bet if msnicole knew he was married at the start, this wouldn't have happened.
            [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• We all find ourselves a little naive at times... but I still would never get involved with a guy who was 'odd' acting... then finding out he was married. Is there a reason you asked so many times if he was married? Thats not usually a normal question that comes up unless something doesn't seem right. No way, I would of sucked up the pain and walked away.
              { Wit beyond measure is a lady's greatest treasure }

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X