Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy has so many mixed signals...and it's really bothering me! Read more at http:

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy has so many mixed signals...and it's really bothering me! Read more at http:

I really like him, so his mixed signals just leave me feeling like crap. He'll sometimes ignore me and walk by me and not even acknowledge my presence. He'll walk by me without even batting an eye, or literally walk inches from me without saying hi, or looking at me, even if I smile at him. But if I catch him off-guard, he'll have a big old sh********t eating grin, or just have the embarrassed smile, looking at me and looking away. He's given prolonged looks and teased me, but then he's ignored me when I say "hi" and not even looked at me for an entire day or more. WTF?! Is he a douche bag or shy/awkward or what? 'Cause all he's doing now is creating confusion. I like him, so how should I handle it when he doesn't acknowledge my presence?

• Sounds like he's trying to run "game", some of that stuff guys read on the web about how to attract women.

"Game" works to some extent when it's played subtly, but it sounds like this dufus is not implementing it properly.

You gals should really just take initiative when you like a guy to just tell him he's cute or something.

I've personally had girls stare at me, and me, thinking I'm all that, go and casually just say something simple to them, only to get "sorry I have a boyfriend" or "I'm flattered but sorry I'm not interested" even though I was getting eyed like a rib steak hah hah.

It's the 21st century, grow some courage, we men have always had to endure the gazillion rejections to get 1 girl to like us. You have no idea what toll that takes on us. Make it easier for us
    Pigeonholer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obelisk View Post
      Make it easier for us
      I say "hi", I smile at him, I talk to him, giggle at his jokes, but he pulls this crap. It makes me feel like he's insincere and leading me on, especially when he ignores my attempts to talk to him. Is he so caught up in "game" that he's scared to follow through? Or he's insincere and just not into me? With him acting like that, I don't even know if I should bother.

Comment

• If you like him, and it sounds like he likes you too. Just call him up on it.

Just go up to him and say "hey, can I ask you something, do you like me?"

He'll probably say "yes"

So then say "then why do you keep ignoring me? I want you to ask me out! Why don't you?"

See what he says to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyuzie View Post
          I say "hi", I smile at him, I talk to him, giggle at his jokes, but he pulls this crap. It makes me feel like he's insincere and leading me on, especially when he ignores my attempts to talk to him. Is he so caught up in "game" that he's scared to follow through? Or he's insincere and just not into me? With him acting like that, I don't even know if I should bother.
          He may have "stage fright" and be terrified to take it to the next level. Or possibly been hurt in the past. The smiling when you are not looking could be him fantasizing about an idealized relationship with you on his terms kind of like a 'what if' scenario.

Are you giggling at his jokes because he is funny, or is it because you want to progress in the interaction between you two? If you enjoy being around him, maybe a good way would be let him come to you by backing off a little bit. Still flirt by stealing glances once in a while.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Not sure but I think both the other replies are from men. Just thought point that out-i think it's interesting how different our views are...
            I am a woman and I have a very different opinion. I think he really isn't that into you. If you want to know, go ahead and ask him out, there is no harm in that. Break the ice and end the mystery.

What ages are you both?

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
              I think he really isn't that into you.
              Then why even bother with the prolonged looks and stupid smiles, if he's just gonna ignore me after that? At first when he flirted, I was feeling pretty good about myself, but then he started pulling this. He doesn't know that initiating flirting can lead someone on. It wasn't accidental either..."oops, I didn't realize I was looking into your eyes and not looking away for 5 or more seconds". And then going a day or more without even saying "hi" when I walk by...

Comment

• Just do what I suggested. You'll know for sure afterwards.

Comment

• He may be doing that (flirting) because he knows you like him and it makes him feel good about himself to get your attention.
                  He may be interested tho, I could be wrong...

If you're confident that he likes you then take control of the situation and either ask him how he feels about you or ask him out to dinner. It's a lot better to just find out than to continue wondering when he's going to move the relationship forward.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X