Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could really use advice from someone with experience in dating!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could really use advice from someone with experience in dating!

I had a boyfriend about a year ago that I loved.Like that love where you cant stand to be apart, jealousy rose everytime someone looked at him, i honestly thought wed be together for a long time. anyways things didn't work, that's life. But I found a new boyfriend, who is amazing, but being honest the sex isin't as good, i don't have him on my mind 24/7, and i don't feel like my hearts in it. I don't know if I would call this a rebound, or what, I do honestly care about him and he is amazing, but should I end things, I feel like I'm forcing it.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

• If your heart isn't in it and it feels forced, it probably isn't the right relationship for you.
    I think it's good not to think about someone 24/7.

Comment

• I agree ^ ideally a partner should inspire you but you shouldn't obsess over them. Obsession is bad because it's misdirection and tends to flame out, leaving you in despair when you see the frumpy guy with a bald spot that looked like a superhero when your hormones were running wild. But lack of inspiration is bad too because there's no future there with someone you're ambivalent about.

It sounds like you already answered your own question about your BF. I just hope you're judging him based on his own identity and not how he stacks up to the ex (who was probably not a superhero but may forever live on in your memory as one since it ended before the shine wore off).
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Thanks ladies! I've got some thinking to do for sure
        “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

Comment

• The longer you delay the inevitable, the more painful the inevitable will be. Been there, done that, and it isn't pretty.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X