Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe some men

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe some men

I can't believe some men. Some men will approach women even if they know they are with or in a relationship with a certain woman of interest. Its like they have no respect. They can make a nuisance of themselves too and they think they are making progress. As a man with a woman with a pretty damm nice body I have had this experience of few times. It is not her faulty and I am glad she keeps fit and looking great. Now because she is in happy satisfying relationship I know she is not tempted or interested in this behavior but if single it may be a different story. Just wonder those who have experienced this how you actually feel about nuisance men? lol. Flattering but... or other? I just know I would never move in on another mans wife or gf especially in public and be so obvious. Seems like the dudes are missing some tact or unaware of how their behavior comes across. Maybe they could care less if they get the girl in the end??? I was never this kind of guy and I can't relate.

• I think it is disrespectful to come at a person if they're with their mate. I actually had women get physically aggressive when I was dating my wife and after we married. It was not cool and it was definitely disrespectful to both of us. Once was at a party with my wife (then girlfriend). About four or five girls surrounded me and straight up molested me. There is just no way that'd ever happen if I was single. They were just being evil.

I think that's what it is for some people. Just a way to be crude and mess with someone because they're jealous. On the other hand, while spouse/fiancé is off limits to me, girlfriends/boyfriends are fair game. That doesn't mean that you disrespect people, but if you like it then you need to put a ring on it.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• It is inappropriate of course, if the man knows she's in a relationship.
      What I find equally disturbing are the men who don't go away after you've told them you aren't interested.

Comment

• Last time my GF was hit on was while I was with her at the valet. We got out of my car and then after the valet guy parked it I realized that I forgot something in my car. As I walked away from my GF to go to my car, some guys hit on her. One of them also asked if she wanted to get into his car. I thought it was funny and it didn't bother me at all. We laughed about it when we got into the restaurant.

It honestly does not bother me one bit. I can't blame the guys for having good taste. Plus, it's flattering for her. I mean, what's my GF going to do? Say "yes" to them?

I'll even have my GF give me the low down when she gets hit on when I am not around (like when she is alone or with a friend). I get a kick out of it.

Now if they kept bothering her after she said "no," then it'd be a problem. I imagine when a girl is alone and this happens that it can feel scary.
        [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
          On the other hand, while spouse/fiancé is off limits to me, girlfriends/boyfriends are fair game. That doesn't mean that you disrespect people, but if you like it then you need to put a ring on it.
          If I know the woman is the GF of some other man I don't ask them out or play games that hint I would date them, hit on etc.
          If the woman is not interested (known to be in a relationship) and they still bother the woman they are either very slow in this department, lack tact, got an ego the size of a house or as you say are purposely trying to mess with as in a game (weird).
          I can get a laugh out of it too if I know the man has no idea she is already in a relationship (its flattering to both) but when he knows better its different.

I just can't believe how many men behave this way. Most do not but still a surprising number do.

Comment

• It is always inappropriate to continue to pursue a woman if she has expressed that she is not interested. I also agree that making a public display while her mate is around is rude.

That written, women are not chattel. A woman does not belong to a man because they are dating. Putting a ring on her finger does not give her fiancé a property interest. If a woman in interested in the advances of another man, it is entirely within her right to pursue it, bad form or not. So, while an attached woman may not be attractive to me, a male who is unrelated (not a relative, not a friend) to the current boyfriend is free to politely gauge her interest.
            "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Originally posted by effy2014 View Post
              Putting a ring on her finger does not give her fiancé a property interest.
              Well, Beyoncé and I would disagree. It's a promise of future ownership.

And any way you slice it, we're all related. It's just a matter of how incestuous you want to be.
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I think some people just don't care. If they want something, they will do anything to get it. I myself have also had people in the past tell me, "So what if you have a boyfriend? He's not going to know." It's like people get off on mate poaching!
                "Dating is like slow dancing. Let the man lead, or you will fall all over your feet"

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X