Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm undatable.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come to the conclusion that I'm undatable.

My expectations of others are way to high I think. I'm constantly being disappointed or getting my feelings hurt by something someone did and most times didn't do. Erg! Either I have terrible taste in men and only choose ones I know are not going to treat me right, or my standards are way to high and I need to chill out. (it thinks it's a little of both) This is really frustrating.

• As you say it may be a mixture of both. Don't get discouraged and don't settle either. Just keep your head up and try not to get to disappointed, the right guy will come along.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• What are you looking for? Im a guy, and I've noticed that some of my male friends seem to choose who to date based on poorly chosen criteria.

Comment

• Weird, my post from yesterday didn't work.

Anyway, I'm not looking for a guy at all. But you know, you meet people and go on a date, it turns to something more.....yadda yadda, such is life. I think every time I just forget and give it another go.

Comment

• I guess I was thinking of women who are attracted to the "bad boy" sort - and then are suprised when he turns out to be well...bad.

Some men look for beautiful tall blond young athletic weathy women who are not attached. Then are surprised when they turn out to be spoiled brats.

Comment

• Go For Gold!

Originally posted by sourpuss View Post
            My expectations of others are way to high I think. I'm constantly being disappointed or getting my feelings hurt by something someone did and most times didn't do. Erg! Either I have terrible taste in men and only choose ones I know are not going to treat me right, or my standards are way to high and I need to chill out. (it thinks it's a little of both) This is really frustrating.
            There could be a pattern here, whereby you were hurt badly when you first started out, maybe first boyfriend, second, and you inside just keep looking for the same types.

Why not just DATE... Yep. Date. Go out with two or three guys at the same time, for a couple of months, keep them all on edge and let them all know that you are seeing more than one person, but " keep it together" in other words, refrain from sex...

Watch the difference it will make, and the way they will all wooh you and see if any of them are boyfriend material, if not keep doing the same thing, if so, pick the one that jumps out at you....

They will respect you as a "woman who knows what she wants" and slightly un-attainable, which is what every man wants who is not looking at getting in your p.......ts straight away.

Those that are, will give up after a week.....lol.

You will have fun as well and feel great about yourself....
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thank you CHANDLERS WISH, good advice. I will give that a go and see what happens.

Comment

• Give it a go!!

I am actually talking from experience honey.. It worked like a treat.

As i said, there were ones that went away after a week, guess what they were looking for????

And, there were two that hung around, it got them bad, why hadn't i "picked them" and of course, with time both started to fall a bit for me, as we had "that time".

Respect? Sugar, i found the best man, so far. He absolutely respected that i was dating others, said he'd wait and see, but also said, it is what i have to do, so he was soooo confident. He knew i had come out of a marriage and he won.

Just goes to show, but it was also a growing experience for me, and rewarding to know that i had my cake and was eating it to.

Lucky i knew how to please myself, it was a bit of a journey for a while, not having it, but wellllll worth it.

And the trust and bond, imagine....

So, go girl. xx
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X