Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How young is too young?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How young is too young?

I'm 23 (almost 24) and this guy who wants to take me out is 21. Is that too young? Why do I feel so weird about it? I have a full time job and I'm pretty independent. I just don't want others to think it's strange. Tuesday will be our first "date" but I still don't know if I should feel weird about this whole thing or not. Advice? Help?

• This is true! And yes, I think I'm just worried about how others will look at the situation. Thanks!

Comment

• I found when men were much lower in age than me we just weren't at the same place in life as men who were my age or older. This seems even more true at younger ages. It was not a hard and fast rule but since all my dating was found through online sites where age is listed or even a search criteria I made the cut off originally about 3 years younger and 5 years old than me and over time expanded that to 5 years younger than me and 10 years older than me.

Comment

• I would say that's a healthy difference to be honest. I have a friend who's 34 and his wife...41. But hey, love is love you know?

Comment

• Well it's only 3 years it's really no big deal he's of adult age. Like CW is saying there must be something why you said yes to the first date. Had to be something of his personally you liked.
          Some younger men or women act more mature for there age. Plus once you are adult age it's only a number. I would have issue if the age was 21 and 45 then that's a little creepy in its self other then that don't stress about it have fun on your date with this young man.
          When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Nah, personally I don't think it's too young. It's your choice to date whoever you want. Other people aren't going to pick for you, so you have every right to choose anyone you want. As long as you know what you want and why. That's all that matters.

Comment

• Yeah, not too young at all. His maturity level will be interesting, as I've found younger guys are def less mature then me, on average.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X