Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STARTING OVER AT 47!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STARTING OVER AT 47!

Met my husband at 16 and that was that! Now, alone at 47, I feel like a 16year old virgin and don't know what to do!Honestly, I've never felt so lost in my life
    and usually I can deal with just about anything. How do I meet someone while I feel like this? Help!

• So, are you alone after a divorce or death?
    How long have you been alone?

Comment

• I can understand why you feel lost, afraid, confused, etc. The unknown is scary, and life as an adult without him for you is truly an unknown.

Here is the key, don't focus on meeting someone. Focus on building and growing the best YOU that you can be..........and THEN shift your sights to finding someone else. These are questions to start pondering: 1. Who are you? Not you and him,,,,,,,,,but you. 2. What do YOU like to do, to eat? What kind of music is your absolute favorite? 3. When you think about your dream relationship, what does it look like?

There is no crime in being single and focusing on YOU for once. It may sound like a curse to be alone, but I'm telling you from experience that it can be truly beautiful, a time for reflection and growth.

Hang in there!

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        So, are you alone after a divorce or death?
        How long have you been alone?

Divorce and 3 years now. He regrets what happened and is still around, but I don't see us together anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
          I can understand why you feel lost, afraid, confused, etc. The unknown is scary, and life as an adult without him for you is truly an unknown.

Here is the key, don't focus on meeting someone. Focus on building and growing the best YOU that you can be..........and THEN shift your sights to finding someone else. These are questions to start pondering: 1. Who are you? Not you and him,,,,,,,,,but you. 2. What do YOU like to do, to eat? What kind of music is your absolute favorite? 3. When you think about your dream relationship, what does it look like?

There is no crime in being single and focusing on YOU for once. It may sound like a curse to be alone, but I'm telling you from experience that it can be truly beautiful, a time for reflection and growth.

Hang in there!

Thanks! That's what I've been getting help for. I fell sick and have been on sick leave for 6 months now. I think it just caught up with me that nothing feels the
          same, tastes the same or looks the same anymore. the fact I have to accept is that it never will! Now go forward and build or, like Pink Floyd said live comfortably numb!

Comment

• How are you doing time2discover?
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Annual menstrual cycle

I am 49 years old. I move had 2 cesareans and have 2 children. My body seemed to enter the peri-menopausal stage around age 42-44. My bloodwork continues...

Yesterday, 10:50 PM By Salamom0081
            • How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
              "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
            Working...
            X