Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentines Day Romance Off!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines Day Romance Off!

I'm not too into celebrating Valentines Day, at least not in the traditional sense. I don't particularly like all the old fashioned grandiose gestures and if someone spent $50 on a rose for me I would be like "We could have gone to the movies and had a drink afterwards for that much". I do believe in celebrating love though. I make a point of telling my friends how much they mean to me and telling the people who matter that I love them.
    Anyway I asked the guy I'm seeing if he wants to do anything for Valentines Day, he doesn't really get into it either. I don't know who came up with it but we've decided to have a romance off.
    It's probably going to be corny and hilarious. So far I've written a poem about his eyes and I'm planning on making some kind of heart shaped cushion to give him. I'm not really sure what else I can do that's like super romantic. Apart from a blow job ha ha ha. So ladies... got any tips/ideas for me? I totally need to win! Lol.
    I challenge all of you who don't celebrate Valentines Day to a romance off with your partners/lovers! It'll be fun even if it's not actually romantic! XD
    You're a song written by the hand of God - Shakira (Underneath Your Clothes)

• My husband and I (over 30 years together) don't do too too much for Valentines Days either - but what we do is special to us. This is the evening when we turn off our phones, turn on our favourite music, prepare and cook a meal together that we had researched before but never tried. We have candles on the table and throughout the house and wonderful conversation over our meal and throughout the evening.

Over the years topics of conversation have been: (1) If you could be a fly on the wall and just an observer, what period of history would you go back to and why. (2) What is the one thing you would change about yourself that could make the biggest impact on yourself. (3) What is the thing you dislike most about (fill in the blank) and what could the suggestions be to remedy the situation. (4) What and who would be the one person you'd like to speak to, past or present.

We have ended up with 6 or 7 hour long conversations. Somehow the meal, the wine and the conversation brings us together and closer and the evening most wonderful sense of well-being.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• That sounds very nice claret. <br />
      You should post this year's discussion topic

Comment

• Ah Claret that sounds lovely. Simple things like that are nice. I think that if I was close to someone I would enjoy those type of things too

Comment

• Valentines is a big deal for us. My husband does the traditional flowers and dinner out. I always like to do something unique. One year we couldn't find a babysitter, so we just put the kids to bed, lite the fireplace and enjoyed wine and cheese. One year I made an indoor picture because it was too cold to be outsides. I cleared space in the living room so we would sit looking at the moon and prepared a picnic basket with all types of foods we could enjoy. I've also baked a gigantic heart shaped cookie for him.
          Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• All the things you all do are good! Just wish we didn't have to do it because it's Valentine's day!
            When I was married we made sure to do things like that every once in a while during the year, except Valentine's Day!
            I'm sort of anti have to do it but rather want to do it! Whichever way, enjoy the time together!

Comment

• Yeah I've had some drama with my lover-boy so we're bailing on Valentines Day plans. Basically decided to do nice stuff 'just because' randomly instead of on Valentines Day. I'm cool with that. I had to stay at his house for a bit the other week because my daughter was in hospital and he lives closer to the hospital than me. I got him a card to say thanks and a mug with a corny/sweet saying on it. He was really chuffed. Hes so cute lol.
              Last edited by bel08; 01-31-2016, 03:34 AM. Reason: Soz typo lol

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
                "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
              • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
              Working...
              X