Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Dating Going For You During COVID and Shelter In Place?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonnyR and Emily D. Things have certainly started to calm down here in my area, and businesses are opening up again. I was wondering if you are noticing that the dating prospects are getting better? We were at a local brewery in a neighboring city last weekend, and we saw some couples that appeared to be on first dates, or "early in relationship" dates. It was something we'd not seen in our people-watching adventures for quite some time.

How are things going? My friend that uses online dating reports that there's an uptick in new faces to swipe on.
    ???????Are you finding the same in your area?

Comment

• atskitty2 hey! So, things are slowly starting to become a little more normal in my area, but I think a lot of people are still kind of limited as far as dating activities. I know for me, I have to sort of be careful with what I do/where I go since I'm immunocompromised, so I personally probably wouldn't feel comfortable meeting someone new until I've been vaccinated and the rest of my family has, too.

That said, I know a few friends who've been talking to some people on dating apps are definitely more willing to go out and meet, especially on days where the weather is nice and they can meet outside! I also went to an outdoor mall the other day and saw a couple that seemed kind of like they were in the beginning stages of their relationship, too. I will say that meeting in a pandemic is a good way to learn about what's important to another person!

I'm hoping by spring or summer (or fall, lol), things will be more "normal" (aka, more like they were pre-COVID)!

Comment

• atskitty2 There does seem to be a slight uptick around these parts...not a huge deluge mind you, but perhaps a turning of the tide -- steadily and surely, but slowly.

It certainly couldn't get any worse, so any uptick is appreciated! LOL...I'll keep you posted and thanks for checking in! I think lots of folks are jonesing to get outside, to get laid, and to get going! It's time....

Comment

• Good! Glad you both are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel also.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X