Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Views of guys losing their hair?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views of guys losing their hair?

First off I am a guy and I am losing my hair. It always bothered me even before it started happening because I knew it was in my genes. I am now 31 and have just begun getting into the dating scene again and I am really embarrassed about it. I know women would all prefer a guy with hair but is it really a deal breaker for alot of women. Basically I can pretty much attract any women I want (within reason) with a hat on but I always feel like i am tricking them so I jokingly tell them "I hope you like bald guys" and take off my hat and see how they react. One girl told me to put my hat back on but still wants to go out with me!!! Was it just a bigger deal to me than her? She is 25 I am 31.
    BTW I am 6'6" 195lbs and have muscle and a six pack. I also can dress nicely and am told I have a very handsome face.
    How do women really feel? Its driving me insane, thats for sure. Thanks.

• lot of guys when going bold early in life shave the whole lot off. It sounds like this is what you may have done. I think this can really work on the right person and be kind of cool, Van Diesel style. It sounds like you could probably pull this off as it sounds like you are quite a fit looking guy.

throw away the hat and make the boldness a statement. women love confidence in men. Emphasis what you have not what you don't. this is not going to be all women's thing but it shouldn't be a deal breaker for many.

Good Luck and have fun.

tt

Comment

• Agree with TT...

Throw away the hat, that's non confidence.

I don't mind at all a man with a six pack, tall and shaved hair.

Walk with confidence.

If you are receeding, not shaved, do it... all or nothing, kind of says, bold, and sexy... and deliberate.

Women don't know if it is or isn't.

Go for it.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I don't usually wear a hat but when I do I notice the women are much more fond of me so I have much more fun. I know I need to really just quit caring what others think of it but it really is a mans #1 fear.
        I have been contemplating buzzing it really short but don't know if my head shape suits it. Again it will have to be another who care's attitude. Some will like it some won't. Its just hard going from the attractive man I was with hair to the one that noticeably gets less attention without it.
        On top of that my facial hair doesn't grow in the best either. Can't win...

Comment

• Bald can be very sexy. I don't see the reason for all of the fuss. In fact, guys who keep fussing with their hair are a big turn off. It's a man's confidence in himself that is alluring, not the hair.

Comment

• I have a vacation coming up and am really ready to get rid of it. It will then give me a week to get used to it and get some sun on it.
            As for confidence, I do have it. I am really quite the catch aside from my few problems presented here on the board.
            It just hurts some of the things women say to me. Like, "you would look so ugly without hair" and this last Thursday, "put your hat back on your so much cuter". Even though I still managed to get a date with the girl and it went pretty well last night. Now I am waiting the for the 2 day rule to kick in before I call...

Comment

• Sounds like those women are pretty shallow to me.

Comment

• " what to do
                you would look so ugly without hair" and this last Thursday, "put your hat back on your so much cuter".
                Truly? How fickle is she, likes the six pack, body, height, knows not of the soul? Views looks, cuter? So, she is sizing up you body not your make-up?

What is with that?

Let's just check this man out in body, forget the soul?

Not worth your time don't you think?

If and, it's happened so many times, a guy looks at my photo and say wow?

What?

What is WOW is the inner me, want to find out?

Diss her real quick don't pass go, and never settle for less..

If they don't know? If they are looking superficial then frankly time to think, deep you are way worth more as a person.

CW
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Most guys would kill to have your height and muscle.

I know I would.

Your hair should not be a worry. Just keep it shaved. And women will flock to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by what2do View Post
                    I have a vacation coming up and am really ready to get rid of it. It will then give me a week to get used to it and get some sun on it.
                    As for confidence, I do have it. I am really quite the catch aside from my few problems presented here on the board.
                    It just hurts some of the things women say to me. Like, "you would look so ugly without hair" and this last Thursday, "put your hat back on your so much cuter". Even though I still managed to get a date with the girl and it went pretty well last night. Now I am waiting the for the 2 day rule to kick in before I call...
                    The lady who accepts you the way you are will be the one you want anyway. Be confident and accent your other qualities. As for me, that wouldn't stop me from talking to a guy. You sound hot to me. Work what you got!

Comment

• Having a son that is single and your height and maybe 15 pounds heavier, I know where you are...These women can say anything but it is the words that have been said that hurt...You must learn to walk with the confidence of being yourself...Forget about the hat...Never wear it unless it is sunny out or you would be wearing a hat for this occasion...If you meet someone that you like make sure it casually comes off quickly but not too evident......Forget about it...Keep your face the way that you want it...Don't grow a beard or mustache unless you want it...Don't do it for anyone else or to impress anyone...Only you honey, only you....

Keep your hair the way you want it to be..Make it please you.....Trim the back so it does not look like you are trying to be something that you are not..Go bald if you want to but not for someone else, only you.....Make it your style and your signature...Very soon the rest of the population will be joining you...That real woman that you meet who will fall in love with you will look at you for who you are and not for what is on the top of your head....And one more thing....Stay as sweet as you are.....You will make some lucky woman a wonderful husband....

My best to you....Caroline

Comment

• I was going to add this to my statement last night but being up to my ears with a husband on "happy pills" from hip surgery, I am grabbing a nap where I can....I do wish to add this:

When I said "stay as sweet as you are" I should have elaborated on it...Sounds kind of like an old lady not knowing what to say.....In actuality, I meant just that...I have found, through watching my son's balding so very early in life, that women can be harsh...They, themselves, are far from a beauty queen, yet they all strive for the perfect man....Doing this, they often miss both the cream of the crop and some of the best lovers around...These same men I speak about watch many of their friends marry, learn about life and many divorce....But it is just the way that we women are...Movie star image or what I don't know....I know...I was one of them years ago......I found my cream of the crop and held close....At that time all he could offer me was all his love....He has now given me the world...

These women are trying to help you but just be you.....Not anyone else that anyone tells you to be, but you.....In time that woman will find you that loves you for what and who you are...That's about the best advice I can give you....Take care, Caroline

Comment

• Thanks for the replies everyone. It helps. Losing hair is a demasculating process. We as men are supposed to suck it up but emotionally it takes its toll.
                          Media does play a role. But the negative change in appearance and the feeling of losing your sexuality are what hits home the most.
                          Time to up my regime in the gym and just accept who I am. Improve what I can.
                          Thanks again everyone.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X