Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you know if he's the ONE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you know if he's the ONE?

thats all i'm curious about....how do you know?

• Well, my wife and I rarely fight. We don't always see eye to eye, but we respect each other, we communicate very well. I trust her and she trust me. We compliment each other in personal attributes and goals. I knew she was the one when I relized that I wanted to have a family and grow old with her....
    sigpic

Comment

• Sounds lame, but you just know. You feel it...in your gut. Usually, if you have to ask then he/she isn't.

~Nerd
      "Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong."
      -George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd View Post
        Sounds lame, but you just know. You feel it...in your gut.
        You sure its not gas.

I fell in love once. But i didn't feel it in my gut.

I honestly think the answer to this topic can not be expressed in a single post.

Live laugh and love
        Nice guys don't finish last, weak guys finish last.

Comment

• Since there is a large divorce rate and there are many unhappy marriages, clearly many people don't correctly identify the "one". Sad.

Comment

• hmmm

I think you'll know he's the one when you can see living your life with him, and are going to be happy to wake up to him every morning. You'll be glad he'll be the father of your children because his a great man and know he'll respect every attribute of you.

I also think you shouldn't marry for any pressures that are pushed onto you until YOU decide you're ready to bestow those bows you swear to the other person. If marriage wasn't taken so lightly the divorce rates wouldn't be so ed.
            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary

Comment

• Originally posted by rcoreyus View Post
              Since there is a large divorce rate and there are many unhappy marriages, clearly many people don't correctly identify the "one". Sad.
              I'm going to have to disagree with that. I think that it's not about "correctly identifying" the person so much as it is just settling because... WHOOPS! Someone's pregnant! Trying to make things work for the sake of a baby will usually end up not working out.

OG
              Through hypnosis, I create confident men and women to succeed in all facets of their lives. This place will soon get very interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by OG612 View Post
                I'm going to have to disagree with that. I think that it's not about "correctly identifying" the person so much as it is just settling because... WHOOPS! Someone's pregnant! Trying to make things work for the sake of a baby will usually end up not working out.

OG
                Agreed. Specially in young relationships when the "whoops" happens the pressure is usually from the parents wanting the kids to get married for the baby sake but never really account for their happiness. NO ONE should ever get married because of a kid, unless you are already truly happy with the man you con sieved the child with. Because at the end of they day it will hurt the child more than make it better.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary

Comment

• Originally posted by OG612 View Post

OG
                  Interesting word "settling"... I read a profile last week and a couple of conversations with this person where that word came up as well.

We're not 21 OG, nore am i pregnant but he did have a child 15 years ago and more than likely that is what he is referring to as well.

As for me, I probably settled myself, because I wanted simply to be married and have a life long partner, without probably really giving myself enough time to know the person first, simply thought that i had/did.

So to me that's also a major key... Knowing each other like two peas in a pod, whilst independent you really basically are the best of friends, but get the butterflies in your stomach, can't wait again to be together even if it was only work that pulled you apart just for the day and always feel like this months later...

What you do with your time together off course is up to you.

Seriously though, it's more than animal attraction... Chemistry of the battle of the emotions. I've slept with his now so therefore I'll "settle" for this guy ahhh.

CW
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I defenitely agree with NERD....you just know when u find that special someone...you defenitely feel it in your gut and it is just so easy... I am lucky enough to have had that feeling and i still have til this day...He is the most wonderful man I have ever met in my entire life...and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him...

Comment

• well those are good answers....it sounds to me like he is! i think about him all the time ....we've been together 4 years and i keep a pic of him by my bed....since we don't live together it's the next best thing! i'm just a child of divorce so my view of marriage isn't as positive as most believe.
                      he would be a wonderful father and he loves me, i love him too....guess i'm just scared because i never thought i would find some one that can put up with me and loves me for who i am

Comment

• Originally posted by SxyRN View Post
                        he would be a wonderful father and he loves me, i love him too....guess i'm just scared because i never thought i would find some one that can put up with me and loves me for who i am
                        I think youve just summed up the answer to your question

Someone that you can see yourself growing old with. Someone whom, if you take away all the passion, you can still be in love with. Someone that when they go away, be it for a day or a year, you still love when they return and youre tummy aches when theyre gone.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X