Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to ask him to marry me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to ask him to marry me.

We will have been together a year next month. i am completely in love with my boyfriend. Ive never felt like this about anyone before, and i know hes the one for me. neither of us are the type to go out with other people, we stick to each other, i spend almost every night at his house (no we don't live together, although we do want to).
    We are faithful to eachother, and he is the one for me!

Its been on my mind for a while now, about marrying him. we have spoke briefly about it.

My whole life, the image in my head was a man proposing to me, and if hes the right one saying yes.

But i want to propose to him, but to be honest, i have no idea how i would do it. like a man would normally propose with a ring, but to be truthful, i am clueless.

Has anyone got any good/bad stories about proposing to there man?

I hope this is the right forum for this, and i hope some of you may be able to help me

• how old are the two of you, and how many others have you each dated beforehand? what do both of you do for work and are you both of the same mind when it comes to $.

Comment

• A friend told me that she did and even got down on one knee to ask. I was really impressed (It never ever occured to me) and he said yes. They both cried and so far live happily ever after...
      "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Comment

• If you've talked about it and you know, and he know's and your ready good for you.

What are his hobbies? Or excites him?

I always think if you are going to do the proposing then do it as the man would, that being, go somewhere he loves, or do something he would get excited over.

ie) Hot Air Balloon, or skye diving, something that get's his addreline pumping.

He's already excited, having fun, not thinking and it's a treasured moment for you both.

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by N01 View Post
          how old are the two of you, and how many others have you each dated beforehand? what do both of you do for work and are you both of the same mind when it comes to $.
          Were both 18, nearly 19.
          He does general maintanece/cleaning/building plumbing ect. Right now i just work in a local supermarker becuase i finshed college but out for new work.

Originally posted by Phoebee View Post
          A friend told me that she did and even got down on one knee to ask. I was really impressed (It never ever occured to me) and he said yes. They both cried and so far live happily ever after...
          Sounds good.

Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
          If you've talked about it and you know, and he know's and your ready good for you.

What are his hobbies? Or excites him?

I always think if you are going to do the proposing then do it as the man would, that being, go somewhere he loves, or do something he would get excited over.

ie) Hot Air Balloon, or skye diving, something that get's his addreline pumping.

He's already excited, having fun, not thinking and it's a treasured moment for you both.

CW
          We both Share the same hobbies (we reed snakes) its a different one.
          Thats why i think hes the right one, we both want to open a exotic animals shop, and any other guy ive been with hates the fact i have all my snakes to tend to. then with my curren boyfriend, hes the same, we just under stand each other.

Comment

• To abouve thats meant to read, we breed snakes, not reed them.

Comment

• You know your going to get lectures on wait, your young haha, so I will start it off, seeing as I can.

Have a long engagement, you don't have sufficient money to contribute to make it a special wedding, let alone paying rent, trying to save for a house, etc,etc, etc.

Make it a plan of your future, not just a future with no plan.

Now, okay so no money for air baloons and too young probably to like that sort of thing.

Is there a sanctury where you are for reptiles?

If you are sexually okay with each other and like doing something different, by a whole lot of plastic, snakes and attach them to underwear and put one of his favourite ones ( that don't bite) around your neck, Miffed would like that one, Britney Spears and whilst he's shocked do your proposal ..

Best I can think of that marries your equality of each other.

CW

Comment

• I wouldn't want a wedding anytime soon, i wouldn't mind the long engagement, we had spoke about this, that its pricey to have a wedding ect.

The idea of attaching snakes to me made me burst out laughing, thats a good one.

one of my ideas was getting a snake, putting it in a little box, with the snake in the ring, looped through.

I could afford a hot air balloon, would love it, but hes scared of heights.

Comment

• Well, lol, if you don't mind him laughing - hey then "admiring" that's not a bad plan ..

CW

Comment

• Really do think about waiting. 19 is so far from where you will be when your say 26 its just not easy to see. You have so many changes in front of you and I think you might regret getting married this young later. At least I know I would!
                    "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Comment

• oh hun, please wait until at least 25 before getting married. maybe move in together at 23, but you are both still growing into the persons you will become and an awful lot will change between now and then. If (and I wish you the best in this regard) you twp are still together and feel the same at 25-28, go for it. it's just a little too soon right now.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X