Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second chances

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second chances

Do you believe in it?

Would you give someone a second chance - in a relationship, friendship, family relations?

Why yes? Why not?

What would make you decide to give or not to give someone a second chance?

• Depends on the circumstances, the type of relationship, duration and their attitude. Too situational to really say. Why? What's up?

Comment

• Little things - yes....let em go.

Lying? Cheating?

Nope.

Comment

• yes..

Comment

• I think it depends on the situation and circumstances surrounding the situation...

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhThereYouAre View Post
            Little things - yes....let em go.

Lying? Cheating?

Nope.
            It's basically that. It depends on the situation and the background.

When it comes to family, I always want to give them a second chance, family comes first and I want to be there for them no matter what has happened or what they've done to me. No matter what might have happened between us or what they've done, I love them too much not to give them as many chances as they need. I feel like family is everything.

When it comes to friends, it depends. If they lie or pretend they are someone they are not, then I don't want to call them friends anymore. That's why I only have a few friends, because I just can't tolerate fake people. If they are true friends and have done something wrong towards me, I will give them a chance, as long as they realize how I feel about it and not just pass it by. If they do it again... nope, they've had their chance.

When it comes to relationships...

Personally, I'd might even forgive cheating and lying under extremely special, extraordinary, and so on, circumstances. I've done that but I've also made it clear that if there's going to be a hint of anything like it happening again I'm going to leave. I like giving second chances and as long as the other person understands my feelings and is honest about it I can gather up strength and give them a chance. People make mistakes, some times huge and unforgivable ones some times smaller ones, and I accept that. But if something happens repeatedly then it passes the point of making a mistake and it turns into taking advantage of the other for personal gain. And that's unacceptable.

I give a second chance. But never a third one. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by momopi View Post
              Do you believe in it?

Would you give someone a second chance - in a relationship, friendship, family relations?

Why yes? Why not?

Yes, because everyone can make a mistake....

Belief, that people deserve a second chance.

CW
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Yes, you should. No matter what type of relationship that is, for as long as the party involved is determined and committed to make this work, you should support him/her. We don't only have second chances ourselves - we've committed so much mistakes and if we are only down to second chance, what do you think will become of us?

On relationships/dating, you can limit the chances you give, but as for me, my heart would tell me what to do... (I think I have answered my own question - I will still PM my mum, though...lol)

Comment

• Yes, I think everyone deserves a second chance. CW has it right when she said everyone can make a mistake. I don't know many people who will violate trust willfully and those that do I'm sure feel some kind of pain or lacking or emotional issue that drives them to do it, even if they don't understand it.

I just think people need to feel compassion, which I believe is the biggest gift humans can give one another. My friend's grandparents were vaporized in Nagasaki when the bomb was dropped while her parents survived but had burns and other physical impairments and they all still express the utmost compassion for other people and beings regardless of nationality or belief, or even species. To see someone who suffered so much yet has such a gentle and absolutely loving heart brings tears of happiness to my eyes.

Ok, sorry for the digression but yes, I think people deserve a 2nd chance.
                  Do not dwell in the past,
                  do not dream of the future,
                  concentrate the mind on the present moment.

-Lord Buddha

Comment

• OP, whatever it is that concerns you, it is better if you give us a more specific scenario to refer to. Our responses will all be non-specific, though I know you get the nuggets of wisdom that you'd need. I am therefore inclined to ask for a more specific "general" detail as to what your issue is about, i.e. what kind of relationship in particular, between what gender...you know what I mean?

Comment

• P.S.

Because this question made me think....

Comment

• Whether they really regretted their mistake, and whether the situation had changed so that they wouldn't do the same thing again.

Comment

• The effort they put in to convince me that it was a terrible mistake, not by words, rather by actions and consistancy.

CW
                          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I agree with both of you guys. And since it's a second time, I'd me laying out ground rules and ask what he/she puts on the table to make this one work.

Comment

• family..yes,and i have...because if you cant rely on your family..who can you rely on?
                              friends and sig others not as much. i have a very low tolerance for bull**hit.
                              so many times i have talked to a friend about their bad situation,and given them options/ideas how to get out of it and they ignore it..wether its a bad relationship/money issues/etc etc...some people just love the drama,but i cant stand it.
                              so many times a guy has cheated and dumped me,only to find the grass wasnt greener and tried coming back,i have no tolerance for that either. once a cheater,always a cheater. im a ed good woman,men have only 1 chance to see that however.
                              life is too short to waste with dirtbags.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
                              • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
                              • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
                              • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
                              • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
                              Working...
                              X