Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working with men vs women

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with men vs women

Am I the only one that would much rather work with men than women?

Men are so much easier to deal with professionally. Granted I deal with more egos this way, but I'd rather deal with those egos. Women tend to be too emotional, hold grudges, etc. I don't know. I feel with guys I don't have to sugar coat things, it's much easier to tell them that they are wrong, they don't take things personally. Geez, these women, if I tell them they need to do something over, it's a disaster.

I'm excellent with the line between business and personal relationships, if you knew my situation, you'd understand why. I can be your best friend outside of work, but all that goes away during the business day and I think that most of the women I've worked with can't grasp that.

Maybe it's me and my personality while I'm working, I don't know... Frustrating to say the least.

• I've had good and bad with both. Don't really have a preference.

Comment

• It's Monday and I'm having an unusually crppy day. Apparently it's bothering me more than normal, as usually it doesn't bother me like it has today. So I vented. lol Oh well. My BP is getting closer to normal as the day comes to a close.

Comment

• LOL yes Monday! I'm with you there... for the most part! I work with a lot of women, but I'm nice and approachable(so I've been told) so I get alone well with the ladies at work... but I don't come to work to make friends, I come to make money... my department is all guys and we are all the no BS types lol!

Comment

• I think opposite sexes work better together. Women get y, they get paranoid over attention given by the males to other female employees more so than them, the standard of work you may do verses theirs, the bosses praises to you over theirs, jealousy steps in.

Men are men and still flirt even when married even if it's gentle and non-meaning and they just go about their work without those pesty jealous thoughts etc against women.

Now, how they see their other male counterparts? That's another question same rule may apply to women with women.

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
            Am I the only one that would much rather work with men than women?
            Nope.

Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
            Men are so much easier to deal with professionally. Granted I deal with more egos this way, but I'd rather deal with those egos. Women tend to be too emotional, hold grudges, etc. I don't know. I feel with guys I don't have to sugar coat things, it's much easier to tell them that they are wrong, they don't take things personally. Geez, these women, if I tell them they need to do something over, it's a disaster.
            Yep.

Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
            Maybe it's me and my personality while I'm working, I don't know... Frustrating to say the least.
            Probably more frustrating to those women who hit a glass ceiling.

Comment

• I've typically found men easier to work with and women more competitive even when as far as I can see in the situation there's no real reason to be so. I think it all depends on the personality of the people you're around at work though, be they male or female.
              Do not dwell in the past,
              do not dream of the future,
              concentrate the mind on the present moment.

-Lord Buddha

Comment

• I agree. Where I work is almost all women, and I feel like its to many hens in the hen house. They get so mad over the simplest of things then tend to drag things out into a long discussion. I work with a younger guy, often him and I just sit back and watch the women do there thing. We get a longer coffee break out of it.
                Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• Corporate culture does have a lot to do with it. If the women are referred to as "girls" but the males are "men", if during company meetings to explain insurance, pregnancy is referred to as an "illness", if there are after hours drinks, lunch or golf with the higher ups that include males but not the females; this will effectively create an exclusion of women from information and the buddying up and mentoringthat leads to promotions. That leaves the women competing for the lower level positions left over.

Women even today aren't trained as they grow up to deal effectively with the systems in place. Part of that is that much of it really makes little sense for women. It's top down, a lot game playing, manipulation, intracompany competition and not based on win/win thinking. If anything the Peter Principal (rise to your level of incompetence and stay there) is more operative today than when it was first described. Girls grow into women learning to put their needs last, to compromise rather than negotiate and to devalue what they have to offer.

There is increasing evidence to show that that many assumptions made about people and on which business has been based are wrong. A recent study found that people are in general far more altruistic than not. We are seeing some change in stories of places where the employees have voted to take pay cuts to keep more people working - unfortuantely the higher ups don't seem to have "gotten" that message. Group think still isn't adequately dealt with. There is a lot that needs to happen to reshape business to better use what women and less aggressive men have to offer.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sallyskellington;114230]I agree. Where I work is almost all women, and I feel like its to many hens in the hen house. They get so mad over the simplest of things then tend to drag things out into a long discussion./QUOTE]

Agreed...Not in all cases, 'cause I work with lawyers, but mostly men seem to be more approachable and less likely to lose their temper on you then women...Women are catty...
                    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Comment

• In my workplace, it's the men who are the emotional ones, mean gossipers, etc. I would much rather hide out in customer service than venture out onto the sales floor and try to interact there. The only lady I have a problem with is diagnosed bipolar ... and thinks she is "in love" with my boyfriend. Used to stalk him. All that. I've never had problems with the other female workers.
                      On the other hand, in leadership positions I have consistently had problems interacting with men. It's that ego ... they don't want to listen to a woman. If I were to ask a man in my workplace to do something over, that's when the tantrum would go down. Those under my direct supervision who are female may pout, but they'll do it without coercion or threat of discipline.
                      It's all about individual people.
                      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Originally posted by Nats View Post

Agreed...Not in all cases, 'cause I work with lawyers, but mostly men seem to be more approachable and less likely to lose their temper on you then women...Women are catty...
                        Who's in the power position? The "catty" women or the "more approachable" men? Those on top feel more secure and able to be gracious to the little people.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildChild View Post
                          Who's in the power position? The "catty" women or the "more approachable" men? Those on top feel more secure and able to be gracious to the little people.
                          It shouldn't matter who is in a power position. Most people start near the bottom.

If someone can't handle that, it's their own issue.

Business is business. I think that's what a lot of people forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhThereYouAre View Post
                            It shouldn't matter who is in a power position. Most people start near the bottom.

If someone can't handle that, it's their own issue.

Business is business. I think that's what a lot of people forget.

I agree to a certain extent OTYA re it shouldn't matter and how a person handles it but do think business is now more than just business.

Perhaps it's that way to shareholders and executives in large corps. (I deal with the execs all the time) but it's not so much like that with the "regular" employees. The majority of people spend a large part of their waking lives working (for many people in jobs where they're not feeling fulfilled) and I've seen in companies where employees are treated as more family then workers than those people work harder and are more dependable than others.

Everyone likes to feel respected and appreciated when they do good work so I believe the traditional business at all cost business models fall short in this arena.
                            Do not dwell in the past,
                            do not dream of the future,
                            concentrate the mind on the present moment.

-Lord Buddha

Comment

• Originally posted by Miya View Post
                              ...but do think business is now more than just business.
                              I don't agree. Business should be business and business only. Business exists for the simple act of making profit. A public company is the property of the shareholders. The management intact should do their best to make profit for the benefit of the shareholders.

Originally posted by Miya View Post
                              The majority of people spend a large part of their waking lives working (for many people in jobs where they're not feeling fulfilled) and I've seen in companies where employees are treated as more family then workers than those people work harder and are more dependable than others.
                              And so do executives. People seem to think just because someone has a seven figure salary they don't work hard. That couldn't be farther from the truth. For these people, work is their life. It isn't a 9-5. If people find themselves working in an environment they do not find agreeable they have the option to seek other employment

Originally posted by Miya View Post
                              Everyone likes to feel respected and appreciated when they do good work so I believe the traditional business at all cost business models fall short in this arena.
                              I agree. But like I said, business is business. It's not a therapy session or a talk around the campfire.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
                              • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
                              • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
                              • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
                              • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
                              Working...
                              X